ITIL4-SDIT - ITIL®4 Specialist Sustainability in Digital and IT
As the environment in which we operate continue to evolve and present new challenges, organizations are considering the social and environmental impacts of their operations. With the IT space projected to be responsible for up to 20% of global energy consumption by 2030*, business leaders and professionals are proactively looking for ways to tackle this challenge.
As part of the ITIL 4 Specialist extension module, a stream of the globally recognized and adopted ITIL 4 framework, this course has been developed to support IT professionals who are looking to understand the role IT and digitally enabled services have in relation to the environment, whilst exploring opportunities to positively impact it by driving sustainable and ethical behaviour and mindset.
The course covers key sustainability competencies and capabilities that IT service organizations need to develop to address current and future sustainability challenges. It also involves providing a framework to support organizations during procurement and supply chain activities helping with interactions across the value chain to evolve sustainability practices.
On completion of this course, the following learning outcomes will be achieved:
- Understand how to use the ITIL guiding principles to deliver value by creating sustainable digitally enabled products and services
- Effectively address VUCA challenges through sustainable strategies, procurement, products and practices.
- Obtain a practical grounding in the key principles of sustainability
- Conduct a full cost benefit analysis identifying potential risks and opportunities using best practice guidance
Key Concepts of Sustainability
- Sustainable Development
- Sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility
- Digital/IT Services and Sustainability What is the Vision
- Defining sustainability vision •Role of sustainable goals
- Sustainability Models, Issues and Concepts
- Digital and Material Sustainability Where Are We Now?
- Materiality and Sustainability Assessment
- Stakeholder Analysis and Engagement
- SWOT Analysis
- Audits and Reports
Where Do We Want To Be?
- Defining Sustainability Objectives
- Selecting and Prioritizing Sustainability Objectives
- Justifying Sustainability Objectives How Do We Get There?
- Strategies for Sustainability
- Embedding Sustainability into the Service Value System
- Planning Recommendations Take Action
- Take Sustainable Action
- Take Sustainable Action
- Sustainability in a VUCA Environment
- Ongoing Activities While Pursuing Sustainability Goals
Did we get there?
- Sustainability Measurement
- Sustainability Reporting
How do Week the Momentum going?
- Continuous Orientation
- Governance and Audit
- Communication and Collaboration
- Staying Up To Date
The target audience for this course and qualification are:
- Individuals looking to understand the role IT and digital enabled services in relation to the environment and exploring opportunities to positively impact it.
- IT/Digital/Service Architects and Strategists
- Individuals continuing their journey in service management.
- ITSM managers and aspiring ITSM managers.
- ITSM practitioners managing the operation of IT-enabled & digital products and services, and those responsible for the end-to-end delivery.
There are no pre-requisites although ITIL4 Foundation certification certification is recommended
Participants of the course who successfully pass the certification examination will be awarded the ITIL Specialist: Sustainability in Digital and IT