GCPAIN - Architecting with Google Cloud Platform: Infrastructure
This three-day instructor-led class introduces participants to the comprehensive and flexible infrastructure and platform services provided by Google Cloud Platform. Through a combination of presentations, demos, and hands-on labs, participants explore and deploy solution elements, including infrastructure components such as networks, systems and applications services. This course also covers deploying practical solutions including securely interconnecting networks, customer-supplied encryption keys, security and access management, quotas and billing, and resource monitoring.
This course teaches participants the following skills:
- Consider the entire range of Google Cloud Platform technologies in their plans.
- Learn methods to develop, implement, and deploy solutions.
- Distinguish between features of similar or related products and technologies.
- Recognize a wide variety of solution domains, use cases, and applications.
- Develop essential skills for managing and administering solutions.
- Develop knowledge of solution patterns -- methods, technologies, and designs that are used to implement security, scalability, high availability, and other desired qualities.
Module 1: Introduction to Google Cloud Platform
Module 2: Virtual Networks
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP) Infrastructure
- Using GCP
- Lab: Console and Cloud Shell
- Demo: Projects
- Lab: Infrastructure Preview
Module 3: Virtual Machines
- Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Projects, Networks, Subnetworks, IP addresses, Routes, Firewall rules
- Subnetworks for resource management instead of physical network topology
- Lab: Virtual Networking
- Lab: Bastion Host
Module 4: Cloud IAM
- Compute Engine
- Lab: Creating Virtual Machines
- Compute options (vCPU and Memory)
- Common Compute Engine actions
- Lab: Working with Virtual Machines
Module 5: Data Storage Services
- Organizations, Roles, Members, Service accounts, Cloud IAM best practices
- Lab: Cloud IAM
Module 6: Resource Management
- Cloud Storage
- Lab: Cloud Storage
- Cloud SQL
- Lab: Cloud SQL
- Cloud Spanner, Cloud Datastore
- Lab: Cloud Datastore
- Cloud Bigtable
Module 7: Resource Monitoring
- Cloud Resource Manager, Quotas, Labels, Names, Billing
- Demo: Billing Administration
- Lab: Examining Billing Data with BigQuery
Module 8: Interconnecting Networks
- Stackdriver, Monitoring
- Lab: Resource Monitoring (Stackdriver)
- Logging, Error Reporting, Tracing, Debugging
- Lab: Error Reporting and Debugging (Stackdriver)
Module 9: Load Balancing
- Cloud Virtual Private Network (VPN)
- Lab: Virtual Private Networks (VPN)
- Cloud Router, Cloud Interconnect, External Peering, Cloud DNS
Module 10: Autoscaling
- Managed Instance Groups, HTTPS load balancing, Cross-region and content-based load balancing, SSL proxy/TCP proxy load balancing, Network load balancing
- Lab: VM Automation and Load Balancing
Module 11: Infrastructure Automation with Google Cloud Platform APIs
- Autoscaling, Policies, Configuration
- Lab: Autoscaling
Module 12: Infrastructure Automation with Deployment Manager
- Infrastructure automation, Images, Metadata, Scripts, Google Cloud API
- Lab: Google Cloud Platform API Infrastructure Automation
Module 13: Managed Services
- Deployment Manager, Configuration, Cloud Launcher
- Lab: Deployment Manager
Module 14: Application Infrastructure Services
- Cloud Dataproc, Cloud Dataflow, BigQuery, Cloud Datalab
Module 15: Application Development Services
Module 16: Containers
- Cloud Pub/Sub, API Management, Cloud Functions, Cloud Source Repositories, Specialty APIs
- Containers, Kubernetes Engine, Container Registry
- Lab: Kubernetes Load Balancing
- Kubernetes Engine, App Engine, or Containers on Compute Engine
This class is intended for the following participants:
- Cloud Solutions Architects, DevOps Engineers.
- Individuals using Google Cloud Platform to create new solutions or to integrate existing systems, application environments, and infrastructure with the Google Cloud Platform.
To get the most out of this course, participants should have:
- Completion of Google Cloud Platform Fundamentals or equivalent experience
- Basic proficiency with command-line tools and Linux operating system environments
- Systems Operations experience, including deploying and managing applications, either on-premises or in a public cloud environment
This course is not associated with any Certification.