2006 - AMA: Advanced Tools and Techniques for Data Analysis
Manipulate complex data sets to gain deeper insights and make better decisions
This 2-day advanced analytics seminar will introduce you to predictive analytics techniques, so you can frame strategic and operational questions involving marketing, finance, and operations or other real-world business applications.
In this hands-on course, you will cover a variety of analytics tools, such as histograms, ANOVA analysis, A/B testing, Pareto analysis, clustering, box plots, scatter diagrams, partitioning, unstructured text analysis, and multivariate regression analysis. Best of all, no background in statistics or programming is required. As long as you have a basic understanding of spreadsheets, you will learn how to manipulate complex data sets so you can gain insights that are not possible with common business intelligence techniques.
- Go above and beyond standard business intelligence analysis techniques
- Get answers to complex data analysis questions without becoming a statistician
- Learn which data analysis technique to use for various business problems
- Extract the most meaningful results from large and small data sets and multiple data types
- Become familiar with basic text analysis tools and gain insights from unstructured text data
- Use advanced analysis functions in Excel and open source tools
- Build on your basic understanding of spreadsheets to access powerful analytic techniques
- Improve your business efficiency and effectiveness
- Data analytics and business; working with data
- Wrangling, cleansing, and shaping data (data scraping)
- Using Google Open Refine
- Selecting the right variables, KPIs, CSFs (data analysis)
- Becoming familiar with Excel’s Analysis Tool Pack
- Utilizing multivariate statistics, T-Test, factor analysis, linear regression, and other advanced techniques
- Reviewing additional tools—JMP, Tableau, SPSS, R
Basic understanding of Excel and spreadsheets, including Pivot tables and basic charting functions.
This course is not associated with any Certification.