DO180 - Red Hat OpenShift I: Containers & Kubernetes
Red Hat OpenShift I: Containers & Kubernetes (DO180) introduces students to building and managing containers for deployment on a Kubernetes cluster. This course helps students build core knowledge and skills in managing containers through hands-on experience with containers, Kubernetes, and the Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform needed for multiple roles, including developers, administrators and site reliability engineers.
This course is based on Red Hat OpenShift® Container Platform 4.10.
As a result of attending this course, students should gain the skills needed to perform basic tasks in Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform (OCP).
This includes the ability to:
- Create containerized services using Podman.
- Manage containers and container images.
- Create custom container images.
- Deploy containerized applications on OpenShift.
- Deploy multi-container applications.
1. Introducing container technology
Describe how software can run in containers orchestrated by Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform.
2. Creating containerized services
Provision a server using container technology.
3. Managing containers
Modify pre-build container images to create and manage containerized services.
4. Managing container images
Manage the life cycle of a container image from creation to deletion.
5. Creating custom container images
Design and code a Container file to build a custom container image.
6. Deploying containerized applications on OpenShift
Deploy single container applications on OpenShift Container Platform.
7. Deploying multi-container applications
Deploy applications that are containerized using multiple container images.
8. Troubleshooting containerized applications
Regulate a containerized application deployed on Red Hat OpenShift.
9. Comprehensive review of introduction to container, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift
Demonstrate how to containerize a software application, test it with Podman, and deploy it on a Red Hat OpenShift cluster.
- Developers who wish to containerize software applications
- Administrators who are new to container technology and container orchestration
- Architects who are considering using container technologies in software architectures
- Site reliability engineers who are considering using Kubernetes and Red Hat OpenShift
- Experience in the use of a Linux terminal session, issuing operating system commands, and familiarity with shell scripting. A Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certification is recommended but not required.
- Some experience with web application architectures and their corresponding technologies.
Preliminary Exam in Containers, Kubernetes, & Openshift Exam-PE180