D58832 - Oracle Database 11g: OLAP Essentials
This Oracle Database 11g: OLAP Essentials training will teach you how to progressively build an OLAP data model to support a wide range of business intelligence requirements. Expert Oracle University instructors will teach you how to design OLAP cubes to serve as a summary management resource for existing SQL table queries.
- Design and create an Oracle OLAP data model.
- Enable query rewrite to OLAP Cube MVs for relational summary management.
- Easily create OLAP calculations that enrich the analytic content of your data model.
- Query OLAP data using simple SQL.
- Implement cube security.
- Efficiently design cubes for performance and scalability.
- Create sophisticated reports of OLAP data by using simple SQL queries.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Describe OLAP concepts and terminology
- Examine the role of Oracle OLAP within the Oracle BI / DW Platform
- Design and create OLAP Cubes
- Enable query rewrite to OLAP Cube MVs for summary management
- Create OLAP calculated measures
- Query stored and calculated OLAP data with simple SQL
- Use ad hoc query and reporting tools against OLAP data
- Implement cube security
- Efficiently design cubes for performance and scalability
- Database Administrators
- Business Analysts
- Data Warehouse Analyst
- Business Intelligence Developer
- Data Warehouse Developer
- Data Warehouse Administrator
- Module 1: Examining the Role of Oracle OLAP within the Oracle BI / DW Platform
- Module 2: Understanding the Dimensional Model
- Module 3: Building OLAP Cubes
- Module 4: Examining Cube-Organized Materialized Views (Cube MVs)
- Module 5: Creating Calculated Measures
- Module 6: Using SQL to Query Oracle OLAP Cubes
- Module 7: Enhancing Analytic Content
- Module 8: Using Ad Hoc Query and Reporting Tools Against OLAP Data
- Module 9: Implementing Cube Security
- Module 10: Designing Cubes for Performance and Scalability
- Module 11: Examining Performance Tuning
- Basic SQL knowledge
- A basic understanding of OLAP concepts
This course is not associated with any Certification.