APS-SD - Applying Professional Scrum for Software Development
Applying Professional Scrum™ for Software Development (APS-SD) is a 3-day hands-on course where students experience how to deliver quality software using Scrum with Agile and DevOps practices. Students work in Scrum Teams over a series of Sprints, creating code on a realistic software system to learn Scrum while using Scrum. The course, formerly known as Professional Scrum Developer, includes a free attempt at the globally recognized Professional Scrum Developer I certification exam (PSD I).
- Experience real collaboration between Developers, Product Owner and Scrum
- Master in the quest of building and delivering a high quality and valuable product.
- Build and deliver working software by applying modern Agile engineering practices and supportive DevOps tools.
- Understand the synergy between the various elements of Scrum and complementary practices.
The APS for Software Development course is intended for all members of a Scrum Team involved in developing and delivering software based systems including: architects, analysts, programmers, database developers, testers, managers, IT-Operations and others, including Scrum Masters and Product Owners. This course provides greatest value if the whole Scrum Team (Developers, Scrum Master and Product Owner) attend together and experience the power of real teamwork. Teams that attend together are not only able to apply learnings to their work immediately, but are also able to recall their classroom experiences to overcome particularly challenging times. Of course, this class is also valuable to individuals attending without their entire team. These students will experience working on a Scrum Team during the class and will be able to transfer their learnings to their teammates, often convincing their teammates of the advantages of using Scrum, Agile and DevOps practices.
- The Scrum Framework
- Working within a Scrum Team
- Definition of Done
- Backlog management practices and slicing features
- Code quality and Technical Debt
- Agile architecture practices
- Test Driven Development
- Pair Programming
- Agile Testing and other practices to ensure quality
- Using DevOps with Scrum
Attendees make the most of the class if they (recommended but not required):
- Have studied the Scrum Guide.
- Have a solid understanding of Scrum either through working on a Scrum Team, or through taking part in a Professional Scrum Foundations or similar course.
- Have been on or are closely involved with the product management aspects of a software product or application.
All participants completing the Applying Professional Scrum for Software Development course will receive a password to attempt the Professional Scrum Developer (PSD) assessment. APS-SD class participants who attempt the PSD I assessment within 14 days of receiving their free password and do not score at least 85% will be granted a 2nd attempt at no additional cost. You are also entitled to a 40% discount on the PSM I assessment once passing PSD I. The industry-recognized Professional Scrum certifications require a minimum passing score.