1. Configure the workflow system
2. Workflow system concepts
- What is a workflow system?
- What is the purpose of a workflow system?
- Workflow system components
- Connection points
- Isolated regions
3. Understand a workflow system and its function.
- Identify the components of a workflow system.
4. Create and configure a workflow system to support FileNet workflow applications.
- General properties of a workflow system
- Runtime Options
- Language Packs
- Web Applications
- Db Execute Connections
- Remote Servers
- Isolated Regions
- Fine-tuning the workflow system
5. Create and configure an isolated region.
- Create a connection point and isolated region.
6. Create isolated region objects.
- Create and configure Queues.
- Create and configure Rosters.
- Create and configure Event logs.
- Create and configure Application Spaces.
7. Expose data fields.
- Expose data fields to queues and event logs.
8. Define indexes for queues and rosters.
- Create an index.
- Configure queues and event logs to use the index.
9. Create and configure in-baskets and roles.
- Create and configure an in-basket.
- Create roles.
- Add in-baskets and members to roles.
10. Configure Content Navigator for workflow.
11. Create a desktop.
12. Create a repository for the connection point.
13. Configure the desktop for workflow.
14. Configure the desktop to open Process Designer and Process Tracker.
15. Configure a web application and step processor.
- Configure a web application.
- Deploy a step processor.
- Configure a step processor.
- Security overview
- Layers of security
- Object store security
- Isolated region security
- Workflow system security groups
- Application spaces
- Avoid security conflicts
17. Security configuration
- About isolated region security
- Control access to queues
- Control access to rosters
- Control access to rosters: recommended practice
- Roster and queue security settings
- How to configure queue and roster security
18. Maintain the Workflow System
- Use administrative tools for maintenance
- Maintaining a workflow system
- Administrative tools for the Workflow system
- Administration Console for Content Platform Engine
- Lock an isolated region
- Workflow system component administration
- Process Administrator
- Start Process Administrator
- Process Services Ping page
- System Dashboard vwtool
- Logging systems
19. Monitor with the Process Services Ping page
- Process Services Ping Page
- Process Services Ping Page: Overview
- Process Services Ping Page: URL
- Ping Page: Log file location
- Ping page: Helpful links
- Sample: API Stats
20. Monitor with System Dashboard
- What is System Dashboard?
- Why use System Dashboard?
- Dashboard Terms (1)
- Dashboard Terms (2)
- System Dashboard Structure
- Create clusters to view data
- Use the Dashboard views
- Execute options for Listener node and view data
- Archiving Manager
- Configuration Guidelines
- Process counters to watch (examples)
21. Monitor with vwtool
- Use vwtool to monitor an isolated region
- Start vwtool
- Obtain status information on workflow system
- Run load status
- Report memory usage, database usage
- Report version and system configuration
22. Maintain event logs
- Event tools
- Event architecture1
- About event logging View event logs
- View events with New Workflow Search
- View events with Process Administrator
- Event log maintenance guidelines
- Select event log options
23. Troubleshoot the workflow system
- Troubleshooting overview
- Support resources
- Collecting data
- For Process Clients issues: fnlog4j.properties
- Fnlog4j concepts
- Enable fnlog4j
- Two trace methods both use log4j
- vwtool trace log options
24. Manage Work in Progress
- Search for work
- Process Administrator
- Search options
- Viewing workflows and work items
- View and customize search results
- Ways to refine a search for work
- Use exposed fields in searches
- Use the Criteria tab to filter a search
- Search user queues
- View workflow history in Process Tracker
25. Modify work
- Reasons to modify work
- Tools for modifying work
- Work item status
- Locking work
- About workflow properties
- Modify data field values
- Modify workflow groups
- Open workflow or work item in Process Tracker
- Modify an attachment reference
- Considerations for modifying work
26. Process and manage work
- Tools for processing and managing work
- Ways to complete work items
- Assign or reassign work to participants
- Terminate work
- Delete work
- Designate a substitute participant
- Unlock work
- Add and remove trackers
27. Manage workflow exceptions
- About workflow exceptions
- Conductor queue
- Get information about workflow exceptions
- View the information stack
- Modify workflows and work items
28. Component Integration
- Component integration concepts
- Purpose of component integration
- Component integrator
- Component Manager Frameworks
- Deciding on a Component Manager Framework
- Component behavior
- Types of components
- Java adapter
- JMS adapter
29. Create and configure component queues
- How to create and configure component queue
- Procedure: Create and configure a component queue
- Create a code module
- New Component Queue wizard
- Adapter properties
- JAAS credentials
- Configure the Java Message Service adapter
- What is a queue operation?
- Elements of an operation
- Operation parameters
- Import Java component queue operations
- Define JMS component queue operations
- Stopping and starting component queues
- Diagnosing Component Manager issues
- Appendix A. Start and Stop System Components
- Appendix B. Solutions to exercises
- Appendix C. Checkpoint solutions
- Appendix D. Checkpoint solutions
- Appendix E. Solutions to exercises
- Appendix F. Troubleshooting