CL260 - Cloud Storage with Red Hat Ceph Storage
Build skills to manage hybrid cloud Red Hat Ceph Storage for medium and cloud-scale enterprise applications and for Red Hat OpenStack Platform.
Cloud Storage with Red Hat Ceph Storage (CL260) is designed for storage administrators and cloud operators who deploy Red Hat Ceph Storage in a production data center environment or as a component of a Red Hat OpenStack Platform infrastructure. Learn how to deploy, manage, and scale a Ceph storage cluster to provide hybrid storage resources, including Amazon S3 and OpenStack Swift-compatible object storage, Ceph-native and iSCSI-based block storage, and shared file storage.
This course is based on Red Hat Ceph Storage version 4.2.
- Deploy and manage a Red Hat Ceph Storage cluster on commodity servers using Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform.
- Create, expand, and control access to storage pools provided by the Ceph cluster.
- Access Red Hat Ceph Storage from clients using object, block, and file-based methods.
- Analyze and tune Red Hat Ceph Storage performance.
- Integrate Red Hat OpenStack Platform image, object, block, and file storage with a Red Hat Ceph Storage cluster.
Impact on the organization
This course develops the skills needed to deploy a software-defined storage system on commodity hardware, permitting distributed, scalable, and fault-tolerant object, block, and file data storage. Red Hat Ceph Storage deployment infrastructure can grow at the same pace as your expanding data and processing requirements, allowing scaled and managed investment to accommodate business growth.
Impact on the individual
As a result of attending this course, students will be able to deploy, operate, and manage a Red Hat Ceph Storage cluster. Students will learn that Red Hat Ceph Storage is the standard, integrated cloud storage solution for Red Hat OpenStack Platform. Developer students will learn to implement each available storage type and method offered by Red Hat Ceph Storage, and be able to choose the correct type and method for their enterprise storage scenarios and applications. Administrators and operators will be able to perform Ceph cluster management, including configuration, daily operations, troubleshooting, performance tuning, and scaling.
This course is geared toward Windows system administrators, network administrators, and other system administrators who are interested in supplementing current skills or backstopping other team members, in addition to Linux system administrators who are responsible for these tasks:
- This course is intended for storage administrators and cloud operators who want to learn how to deploy and manage Red Hat Ceph Storage for use by servers in an enterprise data center or within a Red Hat OpenStack Platform environment.
- Developers writing applications who use cloud-based storage will learn the distinctions of various storage types and client access methods.
Introducing Red Hat Ceph Storage architecture
Deploying Red Hat Ceph Storage
- Describe Red Hat Ceph Storage architecture, including data organization, distribution and client access methods.
Configuring a Red Hat Ceph Storage cluster
- Deploy a new Red Hat Ceph Storage cluster and expand the cluster capacity.
Creating object storage cluster components
- Manage the Red Hat Ceph Storage configuration, including the primary settings, the use of monitors, and the cluster network layout.
Creating and customizing storage maps
- Create and manage the components that comprise the object storage cluster, including OSDs, pools, and the cluster authorization method.
Providing block storage using RADOS Block Devices
- Manage and adjust the CRUSH and OSD maps to optimize data placement to meet the performance and redundancy requirements of cloud applications.
Providing object storage using a RADOS Gateway
- Configure Ceph to provide block storage for clients by using RADOS block devices (RBDs).
Providing file storage with CephFS
- Configure Ceph to provide object storage for clients by using a RADOS Gateway (RGW).
Managing a Red Hat Ceph Storage cluster
- Configure Ceph to provide file storage for clients using the Ceph File System (CephFS).
Tuning and troubleshooting Red Hat Ceph Storage
- Manage an operational Ceph cluster using tools to check status, monitor services, and properly start and stop all or part of the cluster. Perform cluster maintenance by replacing or repairing cluster components, including MONs, OSDs, and PGs.
Managing Red Hat OpenStack Platform storage with Red Hat Ceph Storage
- Identify the key Ceph cluster performance metrics and use them to tune and troubleshoot Ceph operations for optimal performance.
- Manage an OpenStack infrastructure to use Red Hat Ceph Storage to provide image, block, volume, object, and shared file storage.
- Review tasks from Cloud Storage with Red Hat Ceph Storage.
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) certification, Red Hat Certified Specialist in Ansible Automation certification, or equivalent experience.
- For candidates that have not earned an RHCE or equivalent, confirmation of the correct skill set knowledge can be obtained by passing the online skills assessment at http://www.redhat.com/training/skills_assessment/
- Some experience with storage administration is recommended but not required.
This course is not associated with any Certification.