Module 1: Introduction to Business Communication
- What is Business Communication?
- A Business Communication Model
- Encoder/Decoder Responsibilities
- Medium vs. Channel
- Barriers to Communication
- Strategies for Overcoming Barriers
- Some Final Questions
- Verbal vs. Non-verbal
Module 2: Interpersonal skill
- How to Hold a Difficult Conversation
- Provide Feedback That Has an Impact
- Receive Feedback With Grace and Dignity
- Improving Employee Performance
- Overcome Your Fear of Confrontation and Necessary Conflict
- How to Create Team Norms
- Communication Success Tips: Interpersonal Communication Dynamics
- How to Demonstrate Respect at Work
- Politics at Work - Why Politics at Work Is Risky
- The Benefits of Assertiveness
Module 3: Being Heard In Meetings
This module consists of role-plays and simulations where you are required to be actively involved in. You will learn to present your ideas, substantiate them while listening to what others have to say, ask intelligent questions to gather information and take down notes when necessary. You will be listening to what experienced people have to say about possible problems that occur in meetings and ways to overcome them. The role-plays and simulations in this module will prepare you for a more complex skill – the art of NEGOTIATING towards a WIN-WIN situation in business.
Module 4: Expressing Facts and Opinions
- Understand and use forms and function for expressing facts, ideas and opinions.
- Listen to and understand different points of view.
- Understand and express facts, ideas and opinions.
- Examine critically ideas and opinions.
- Differentiate between facts and opinion given in writing.
Module 5: Developing Effective Presentation Skill
- The Different Types of Presentations
- Presentation Anxiety
- Appropriate Attire for Presentations
- Critical Points When Preparing for a Presentation
- Simple Techniques for Using Visual Aids
- The Importance of a Presentation Checklist
Module 6: Subordinates And Colleagues (Working as a Team)
- Communicating with subordinates
- Communicating with colleagues
Module 7: Non-Verbal Communication
- Importance of Non-Verbal
- Communication in Business
- Body Language
- Physical Contact
- Physical Distance
- Presenting a Professional Image
- How the Business Environment Affects Communication
Module 8: Conflict and Disagreement in Business Communication
- Understanding Conflict
- The Role of Values
- Conflict Resolution Values
- Conflict Resolution Styles
- Selecting a Conflict Resolution
- Conflict Resolution Strategies
- Active Listening
- Tips for Active Listening
- Before Listening
- During Listening