2102 - AMA: Storytelling Power: Secrets for Exceptional Communication
Engage and convince others to be passionate about your ideas.
Great stories can move mountains. The best storytellers have the power to persuade people to get behind an idea and give it their total support. Yet the ability to relay a story that people can connect with, are persuaded by and feel passionately about is a rare skill. This seminar will show you how to craft engaging and motivating stories that can spark commitment and passion throughout your organization—and grow your professional influence. Get ready to create your most inspiring messages and convey them with true conviction.
- Use compelling stories to appeal to listeners’ emotions and drive your points home
- Relay information in an experiential manner for greater impact and understanding
- Make a more powerful impression in meetings and presentations
- Win over, influence and gain the trust of clients, customers and colleagues
- Engage listeners with stories that naturally lead them to reach the conclusions you want them to reach
- Developing the mental agility to alternate between objective (facts) and subjective (storytelling)
- Building a bridge of trust with your listeners to carry your facts, proof and benefit messages
- Learning six kinds of stories: who I am, why I am here, my vision, my values-in-action, teaching and I know what you're thinking
- Practicing the six principles of how to construct a story: developmental logic, oral language, intention, imagery, participation vs. control and point of view
- Developing, testing and telling stories that suit the situation
This course is not associated with any Certification.