The Red Hat Enterprise Linux Diagnostics and Troubleshooting course (RH342) provides system administrators with the tools and techniques they need to successfully diagnose, and fix, a variety of potential issues.
Students will work through hands-on problems in various subsystems to diagnose and fix common issues. Students will learn how to apply the scientific method to a structured form of troubleshooting. This approach is then used troubleshooting various types of problems, including boot issues, hardware issues, storage issues, RPM issues, network issues, third-party application issues, security issues, and kernel issues. At the end of the course students can complete various comprehensive review labs to test their skills.
- Use the scientific method to approach troubleshooting
- Troubleshoot boot issues
- Troubleshoot security issues Troubleshoot storage issues
- Troubleshoot network issues
1. Introduction to troubleshooting
Describe a generalized strategy for troubleshooting.
2. Take proactive steps to prevent small issues
Prevent small issues from becoming large problems by employing proactive system administration techniques.
3. Troubleshoot boot issues
Identify and resolve issues that can affect a system's ability to boot.
4. Identify hardware issues
Identify hardware problems that can affect a system’s ability to operate.
5. Troubleshoot storage issues
Identify and fix issues related to storage.
6. Troubleshoot RPM issues
Identify and fix problems in, and using, the package management subsystem.
7. Troubleshoot network issues
Identify and resolve network connectivity issues.
8. Troubleshoot application issues
Debug application issues.
9. Deal with security issues
Identify and fix issues related to security subsystems.
10. Troubleshoot kernel issues
Identify kernel issues and assist Red Hat Support in resolving kernel issues.
11. Red Hat Enterprise Linux Diagnostics and Troubleshooting comprehensive review
Practice and demonstrate knowledge and skills learned in Red Hat Enterprise Linux Diagnostics and Troubleshooting.
The Red Hat Enterprise Linux Diagnostics and Troubleshooting course is aimed at senior system administrators who wish to learn more about troubleshooting.
- Have earned a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) or have similar experience
- It is recommend that students have earned a Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) or have similar experience
This course is not associated with any Certification.
Show Schedule for: