D78850 - Oracle Database 12c R2: Backup and Recovery Workshop
In this Oracle Database 12c R2: Backup and Recovery Workshop, students learn how to perform backup and recovery based on the related Oracle Database architecture components. Various backup, failure, restore, and recovery scenarios are provided so that students learn to evaluate their own recovery requirements and develop an appropriate strategy for backup and recovery procedures. This course includes an interactive workshop, with scenarios that provide participants with opportunities to diagnose and recover from several failure situations.
- Develop appropriate backup and recovery procedures to address your business needs.
- Implement backup and recovery settings and perform backup operations to disk and tape.
- Employ Oracle Database recovery procedures to recover from media and other failures.
- Diagnose and repair data failures.
- Use Flashback Technologies and data duplication to complement backup and recovery procedures.
- Secure the availability of your database by appropriate backup and recovery strategies.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Describe the Oracle Database architecture components related to backup and recovery operations
- Plan effective backup and recovery procedures
- Describe Oracle Database backup methods and recovery operations that can be used to resolve database failure
- Configure the database for recoverability
- Use Recovery Manager (RMAN) to create backups and perform recovery operations
- Use the Data Recovery Advisor to diagnose and repair failures
- Use Oracle Flashback Technologies to recover from human error
- Perform an encrypted database backup and restore
- Perform tablespace point-in-time recovery
- Describe Cloud Tooling for Backup and Recovery
- Module 1: Introduction
- Module 2: Getting Started
- Module 3: Configuring for Recoverability
- Module 4: Using the RMAN Recovery Catalog
- Module 5: Backup Strategies and Terminology
- Module 6: Performing Backups
- Module 7: Improving Your Backups
- Module 8: Using RMAN-Encrypted Backups
- Module 9: Diagnosing Failures
- Module 10: Restore and Recovery Concepts
- Module 11: Performing Recovery, Part I
- Module 12: Performing Recovery, Part II
- Module 13: RMAN and Oracle Secure Backup
- Module 14: Using Flashback Technologies
- Module 15: Using Flashback Database
- Module 16: Transporting Data
- Module 17: Performing Point-in-Time Recovery
- Module 18: Duplicating a Database
- Module 19: RMAN Troubleshooting and Tuning
- Module 20: Cloud Tooling for Backup and Recovery
- Module 21: Backup and Recovery Workshop
- Database Administrators
- Support Engineer
- Technical Consultant
- Technical Administrator
- Data Warehouse Administrator
- Knowledge of Oracle Database 12c
- Knowledge of SQL and PL/SQL (for DBA use)
- Oracle Database 12c R2: Administration Workshop Ed 3
- Using Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 13c Ed 2
This course is not associated with any Certification.