DO180 - Introduction to Containers, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift
Introduction to Containers, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift (DO180) helps you build core knowledge in managing containers through hands-on experience with containers, Kubernetes, and the Red Hat® OpenShift® Container Platform. These skills are needed for multiple roles, including developers, administrators, and site reliability engineers.
- Understand container and OpenShift architecture.
- Create containerized services.
- Manage containers and container images.
- Create custom container images.
- Deploy containerized applications on Red Hat OpenShift.
- Deploy multi-container applications.
1. Introduce container technology
Describe how software can run in containers orchestrated by Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform.
2. Create containerized services
Provision a server using container technology.
3. Manage containers
Manipulate pre-built container images to create and manage containerized services.
4. Manage container images
Govern the life cycle of a container image from creation to deletion.
5. Create custom container images
Design and code a Docker file to build a custom container image.
6. Deploy containerized applications on Red Hat OpenShift
Use single container applications on Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform.
7. Deploy multi-container applications
Set up applications that are containerized using multiple container images.
8. Troubleshoot containerized applications
Regulate a containerized application deployed on Red Hat OpenShift.
9. Comprehensive review of curriculum
Demonstrate how to containerize a software application, test it with Podman, and deploy it on a Red Hat OpenShift cluster.
- Developers who wish to containerize software applications
- Administrators who are new to container technology and container orchestration
- Architects who are considering using container technologies in software architectures
- Site reliability engineers who are considering using Kubernetes and Red Hat OpenShift
- Be able to use a Linux terminal session, issue operating system commands, and be familiar with shell scripting
- Have experience with web application architectures and their corresponding technologies
- Being a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA®) is recommended, but not required
Preliminary Exam in Containers, Kubernetes, & Openshift Exam-PE180