After completing this course, learners will be able to:??
• Discuss the foundational concepts of cybersecurity principles.
• Recognize foundational security concepts of information assurance.
• Define risk management terminology and summarize the process.
• Relate risk management to personal or professional practices.
• Classify types of security controls.
• Distinguish between policies, procedures, standards, regulations and laws.
• Demonstrate the relationship among governance elements.
• Analyze appropriate outcomes according to the canons of the (ISC)² Code of Ethics when given
• Practice the terminology of and review security policies.
• Explain how organizations respond to, recover from and continue to operate during unplanned
• Recall the terms and components of incident response.
• Summarize the components of a business continuity plan.
• Identify the components of disaster recovery.
• Practice the terminology and review concepts of business continuity, disaster recovery and
• Select access controls that are appropriate in a given scenario.
• Relate access control concepts and processes to given scenarios.
• Compare various physical access controls.
• Describe logical access controls.
• Practice the terminology and review concepts of access controls.
• Explain the concepts of network security.
• Recognize common networking terms and models.
• Identify common protocols and port and their secure counterparts.
• Identify types of network (cyber) threats and attacks.
• Discuss common tools used to identify and prevent threats.
• Identify common data center terminology.
• Recognize common cloud service terminology.
• Identify secure network design terminology.
• Practice the terminology and review concepts of network security.
• Explain concepts of security operations.
• Discuss data handling best practices.
• Identify key concepts of logging and monitoring.
• Summarize the different types of encryption and their common uses.
• Describe the concepts of configuration management.
• Explain the application of common security policies.
• Discuss the importance of security awareness training.
• Practice the terminology and review concepts of network operations.?