TOGAF9 - TOGAF9 (Level 1) Foundation
Acquire foundational knowledge of the globally acclaimed Enterprise Architecture (EA) Framework. An effective EA practice will lead to visible improvements in the effectiveness, efficiency, agility and innovativeness of an enterprise.
The TOGAF 9.1 Foundation (Level 1) course is an interactive, classroom-based learning experience. The course covers the Foundation (Level 1) curriculum and many examples of architecture deliverables and artifacts are provided throughout the course. The course enables participants to successfully complete the associated TOGAF Level 1 exam, known as TOGAF 9.1 Foundation.
The certification provides validation that the candidate has gained knowledge of the terminology, structure, and basic concepts of TOGAF 9.1, and understands the core principles of Enterprise Architecture and TOGAF.
This course may be eligible for PMI's PDUs.
On completion of this course, the following learning outcomes will be achieved:
- Recognize and understand the core concepts of TOGAF 9.1
- Understand the Architecture Development Methodology (ADM) and all the phases within the ADM
- Understand the Enterprise Continuum, Architecture Repository, Architecture Content Framework and Architecture Governance
- The TOGAF certification program
- The basic concepts of Enterprise Architecture and TOGAF
- The core concepts and terminology used in TOGAF 9.1
- The purpose of the Architecture Repository
- The role of architecture maturity models in developing an enterprise architecture
- The concept of the Enterprise Continuum; its purpose and constituent parts •The concepts of views and viewpoints and their role in communicating with stakeholders
- The ADM cycle and objectives of each phase, and how to scope and tailor the ADM •The content of the key deliverables of the ADM cycle •How each of the ADM phases contributes to the success of enterprise architecture •The ADM guidelines and techniques
- How Architecture Governance contributes to the Architecture Development Cycle
- How to apply Architecture Governance in development of an enterprise architecture
- How to apply the TOGAF Architecture Content Framework
- Understand and apply the concept of Building Blocks
- How to apply the Stakeholder Management Technique
- How to apply TOGAF recommended techniques when developing an enterprise architecture
- The TOGAF Reference Models specifically the
- Technical Reference Model
- Integrated Information Infrastructure Reference Model
- The purpose of the Architecture Skills Framework and how to apply it within an organization.
The target audience for this course are:
- Individuals who require a deeper understanding of TOGAF 9.1 (e.g. System Integrators, Operational, business and IT developers, CIO’s and IT managers, Program and Project leaders, IT specialists, architects)
- Professionals who are working in an organization where TOGAF 9.1 has been adopted and who need to participate in architecture projects and initiatives
- Architects who will be responsible for developing architecture artifacts
- Architects who wish to introduce TOGAF 9.1 into an architecture practice
- Architects who want to achieve a recognized qualification to demonstrate their detailed knowledge of TOGAF 9.1
There are no prerequisites to attending the course or for sitting the examination. However, some exposure to the architectural practices would be advantageous.
Participants who complete the course may attempt the certification examination which can be sat online or through Prometric test centres.
The certification examination is not included as part of the course.