The Nutanix Enterprise Cloud Platform Administration program covers all the tasks that Nutanix administrators perform on the job. Beginning with setting up the environment, it walks the participant through the process of configuring and maintaining that environment. After introducing the basic concepts of the Enterprise Cloud Platform, participants will understand how to rack a Nutanix block, install and configure a cluster, and use different interfaces to manage a cluster. The program then delves into the details of managing VMs in Acropolis, monitoring cluster health and performance, protecting data and optimizing cluster capacity, and performing in-place hypervisor conversion. Various failure scenarios in datacenters are presented and participants will learn how to implement strategies to safeguard their data.
Participants will also understand how to use Nutanix’s Prism interface to monitor and manage multiple activities across clusters, review and analyze resource needs, and assess future resource requirements.
The program also covers basic Nutanix troubleshooting tools, including how to solve common problems and when to escalate to Nutanix support. Finally, participants will learn essential lifecycle operations, covering starting and stopping a cluster, shutting down nodes, expanding a cluster, upgrading the Acropolis software and firmware, and maintaining licensing.
- Develop a working knowledge of the Nutanix product family.
- Understand the requirements and considerations involved in setting up a Nutanix cluster.
- Familiarize themselves with cluster management and monitoring via the Prism web console.
- Learn how to create, manage, and migrate VMs, set up data protection services, and plan for business continuity.
- Understand how to plan and handle upgrades, assess future requirements, and create what-if scenarios to address scaling for business needs.
The modules included in the Nutanix Enterprise Cloud Administration course are:
- Introduction to the Nutanix Enterprise Cloud Platform
- Administering the Nutanix Cluster
- Configuring the Nutanix Cluster
- User Interfaces
- Health Monitoring and Alerts
- VM Management
- Distributed Storage Fabric
- AHV Workload Migration
- Business Continuity
- Data Protection
- Prism Central
- Concluding the Installation
- Lifecycle Operations