WS1DITSFT20 - Workspace ONE: Unified Endpoint Mgmt Troubleshooting, Adv Integration, and Design Fast Track [V20.x]
In this five-day, extended hour course, you learn how to navigate and manage the VMware Workspace ONE® Access™ console (formerly known as the VMware Identity Manager™ console). Through a combination of hands-on labs, simulations, and interactive lectures, you learn to investigate, analyze, and determine issues that might occur with all the different components of the VMware Workspace ONE® UEM (Unified Endpoint Management) platform.
You configure enterprise and productivity integration, Digital Workspace integration, authentication methods, access policies, web and virtual resource integrations, VMware Carbon Black, and Single Sign-On for a web resource. The course addresses the principles of identity, endpoint security, and access management.
You learn the fundamentals of VMware Workspace ONE® solution design. The course addresses general solution design logics and process flow and addresses Workspace ONE UEM use cases. You learn to identify the phases of a Workspace ONE solution design and delivery, review areas of Workspace ONE use cases, and learn how to create solution designs.
You will leave the training with the skills and knowledge needed to implement the Workspace ONE solution to deliver the Digital Workspace experience and to create your Digital Workspace transformation.
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
- Summarize general troubleshooting logic for Workspace ONE UEM
- Identify and address common console issues
- Anticipate typical Workspace ONE integration challenges
- Outline best practices for endpoint, email, application, and content troubleshooting
- Outline and describe the authentication methods supported by Workspace ONE Access
- Summarize how to use Kerberos and SAML authentication protocols in Workspace ONE
- Explain application single sign-on
- Outline Office 365 and Azure AD integration with Workspace ONE
- Summarize Okta integration and Workspace ONE Access as an IdP
- Outline the benefits of AD FS and PING integration
- Explain the purpose of identity bridging and IdP chaining
- Compare and contrast traditional versus modern PC Lifecycle Management
- Integrate VMware Horizon® with Workspace ONE Access • Describe the benefits of implementing VMware Workspace Security™
- Outline high-level Workspace ONE design methods and architecture types
- Determine the appropriate digital workspace use case for your organization
- Summarize the key components of logical and physical design
- Outline the phases of Workspace ONE delivery
Workspace ONE administrators, experienced mobility and identity administrators, account managers, solutions architects, solutions engineers, sales engineers, and consultants
This course requires completion of one of the following sets of courses:
- Workspace ONE: Deploy and Manage [20.x]
- VMware Workspace ONE: Skills for Unified Endpoint Management [V20.x] and VMware Workspace ONE: Integrating the Digital Workspace [V20.x]
Attendance of this course meets the training requirement to achieve the following certification:
- VMware Certified Professional – Digital Workspace (VCP-DW)