PSPO-A - Professional Scrum Product Owner - Advanced
This 2-day Professional Product Owner - Advanced (PSPO-A) course focuses on helping experienced practitioners expand their ability to establish a solid vision, validate their hypotheses, and ultimately deliver more value to their stakeholders. The PSPO-A course is intended for Product Owners who are looking to grow their knowledge and abilities. The course goes beyond the topics explored in the Professional Scrum Product Owner (PSPO) class by deepening the attendee's understanding of the role through the exploration of the many stances of a professional Product Owner. This course is an interactive, experiential workshop where attendees explore topics through a series of exercises and discussions. Students should have at least one year of Product Owner experience and a practical knowledge of Scrum in order to participate in and benefit from these exercises. Having previously taken the PSPO class is recommended, but not required. The course also includes a free attempt at the globally recognized Professional Scrum Product Owner II certification exam (PSPO II).
- Practicing Product Owners will learn different stances a Product Owner takes in order to navigate everyday challenges.
- Attendees leave knowing how to best identify and serve various groups of stakeholders and what competencies are expected. In order to aid in this journey, modern complementary practices will be introduced through discussions, case studies, and exercises.
- Students will leave with a clear path to moving forward in their Product Owner journey.
- Gain a better understanding of how to use vision, value, and validation to create a competitive advantage for any product.
- Learn about the various types of stakeholders that Product Owners represent and how to best work with them.
The Professional Product Owner-Advanced course is an advanced course specifically designed for Product Owners and product managers who have practical experience managing or owning a product. It is also beneficial to Scrum Masters and stakeholders who work with Product Owners. It is particularly beneficial for those with at least one year of building products with a Scrum Team.
- Understanding your products
- Who are your customers?
- Connecting product features to customer outcomes
- Communicating the product vision and strategy
- Value and pricing models
- Innovation and experimentation
- Stakeholders and stakeholder management
- Agile governance, budgeting and contracting in relation to Scrum
- Scaling the Product Owner role
Attendees make the most of the class if they (recommended but not required):
- Have studied the Scrum Guide.
- Have a solid understanding of Scrum either through working on a Scrum Team, or through taking part in a Professional Scrum Foundations or similar course.
- Have been on or are closely involved with the product management aspects of a software product or application.
All participants completing the Professional Scrum Product Owner - Advanced course will receive a password to attempt the Professional Scrum Product Owner II (PSPO II) assessment. The industry-recognized PSPO II certification requires a minimum passing score of 85%. PSPO-A class participants who attempt the PSPO II assessment within 14 days of receiving their free password and do not score at least 85% will be granted a 2nd attempt at no additional cost. You are also entitled to a 40% discount on the PSPO III assessment