RH237 - Red Hat Gluster Storage Administration with exam
Deploy scalable, highly available storage on off-the-shelf hardware and in cloud environments
This course is for senior system and storage administrators who are interested in deploying scalable, highly available storage on off-the-shelf hardware and in cloud environments.
This course can help you prepare for the Red Hat Certified Specialist in Gluster Storage Administration exam (EX236), which is included with this course.
This course is based on Red Hat Gluster Storage 3.
Students will learn how to install, configure, and maintain a cluster of Red Hat Gluster Storage servers. The course will also explore highly available common Internet file systems (CIFS) and network file systems (NFS) using Clustered Trivial DataBase (CTDB), unified file and object storage, and geo-replication. Finally, students will learn about the Hadoop plugin for Red Hat Storage, snapshots, and geo-replication.
Impact on the organization
This course is intended to develop the skills needed to administer a software defined storage system based on commodity hardware, providing enterprise level capabilities, such as: fault tolerance, geo-replication, snapshotting, tiering and encryption, while enabling your storage infrastructure to grow at a pace that matches your business needs.
Impact on the individual
As a result of attending this course, students should be able to describe the architecture of Gluster, install and operate a Gluster cluster, and integrate it with Red Hat Storage Console.
Students should be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Describe the architecture of Gluster
- Install a Red Hat Gluster Storage cluster
- Manage operations on a Red Hat Gluster Storage cluster
- Manage Red Hat Gluster Storage with Red Hat Storage Console
- Linux system administrators and storage administrators interested in, or responsible for, maintaining large storage clusters using Red Hat Gluster Storage.
Introduction to Red Hat Storage
Configure Red Hat Gluster Storage
- Understand Red Hat Storage server features and terminology.Install Red Hat Gluster StorageInstall Red Hat Gluster Storage.
- Build and configure a Red Hat Gluster Storage volume.
- Create different volume types.
Configure ACLs and Quotas
- Access data on Red Hat Gluster Storage volumes with various clients.
- Implement POSIX ACLs and quotas.
Configure IP Failover
- Grow storage volumes online.
- Configure georeplication for disaster recovery.
- Perform basic troubleshooting tasks.
Install Red Hat Gluster Storage Console
- Install Red Hat Gluster Storage Console.
Monitor Red Hat Gluster Storage
- Manage storage tiering for a volume.
Configure Network Encryption
- Monitor Red Hat Gluster Storage performance.
- Configure Network Encryption for Red Hat Gluster Storage.
- Practice and demonstrate knowledge and skills learned in Red Hat Gluster Storage Administration.
For candidates who have not earned their RHCSA, confirmation of the needed skills can be obtained by passing the online skills assessment.
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certification or an equivalent level of knowledge is highly recommended.
Red Hat Certified Specialist in Gluster Storage Administration exam (EX236)