Module 1 - People
1. Manage conflict.
• Interpret the source and stage of the conflict.
• Analyze the context for the conflict.
• Evaluate / recommend / reconcile the appropriate conflictresolution solution.
2. Lead a team.
• Set a clear vision and mission.
• Support diversity and inclusion (e.g., behavior types,thought process)
• Value servant leadership (e.g., relate the tenets ofservant leadership to the team)
• Determine an appropriate leadership style (e.g.,directive, collaborative)
• Inspire, motivate, and influence team members/stakeholders(e.g., team contract, social contract, reward system)
• Analyze team members and stakeholders’ influence.
• Distinguish various options to lead various team membersand stakeholders.
3. Support team performance
• Appraise team member performance against key performanceindicators.
• Support and recognize team member growth and development.
• Determine appropriate feedback approach.
• Verify performance improvements.
4. Empower team members and stakeholders.
• Organize around team strengths.
• Support team task accountability
• Evaluate demonstration of task accountability.
• Determine and bestow level(s) of decision-makingauthority.
5. Ensure team members/stakeholders are adequately trained.
• Determine required competencies and elements of training.
• Determine training options based on training needs.
• Allocate resources for training.
• Measure training outcomes
6. Address and remove impediments, obstacles, and blockersfor the team.
• Determine critical impediments, obstacles, and blockersfor the team.
• Prioritize critical impediments, obstacles, and blockersfor the team.
.Use network to implement solutions to remove impediments,obstacles, and blockers for the team.
• Re-assess continually to ensure impediments, obstacles,and blockers for the team are being addressed.
7. Negotiate project agreements.
• Analyze the bounds of the negotiations for agreement.
• Assess priorities and determine ultimate objective(s)
• Verify objective(s) of the project agreement is met.
• Participate in agreement negotiations.
• Determine a negotiation strategy.
8. Collaborate with stakeholders.
• Evaluate engagement needs for stakeholders.
• Optimize alignment between stakeholder needs,expectations, and project objectives.
• Build trust and influence stakeholders to accomplishproject objectives.
9. Build shared understanding.
• Break down situation to identify the root cause of amisunderstanding.
• Survey all necessary parties to reach consensus.
• Support outcome of parties' agreement
• Investigate potential misunderstandings.
10. Engage and support virtual teams.
• Examine virtual team member needs (e.g., environment,geography, culture, global, etc.)
• Investigate alternatives (e.g., communication tools,colocation) for virtual team member engagement.
• Implement options for virtual team member engagement.
• Continually evaluate effectiveness of virtual team memberengagement
11. Define team ground rules.
• Communicate organizational principles with team andexternal stakeholders.
• Establish an environment that fosters adherence to theground rules.
• Manage and rectify ground rule violations.
12. Mentor relevant stakeholders
• Allocate the time to mentoring.
• Recognize and act on mentoring opportunities.
13. Promote team performance through the application ofemotional intelligence.
• Assess behavior through the use of personality indicators.
• Analyze personality indicators and adjust to the emotionalneeds of key project stakeholders.
14. Build a team.
• Appraise stakeholder skills.
• Deduce project resource requirements.
• Continuously assess and refresh team skills to meetproject needs.
• Maintain team and knowledge transfer.
Module 2 - Process
1. Execute project with the urgency required to deliverbusiness value
• Assess opportunities to deliver value incrementally
• Examine the business value throughout the project
• Support the team to subdivide project tasks as necessaryto find the minimum viable product
2. Manage communications
• Analyze communication needs of all stakeholders
• Determine communication methods, channels, frequency, andlevel of detail for all stakeholders
• Communicate project information and updates effectively
• Confirm communication is understood and feedback isreceived
3. Assess and manage risks
• Determine risk management options
• Iteratively assess and prioritize risks
4. Engage stakeholders
• Analyze stakeholders (e.g., power interest grid,influence, impact)
• Categorize stakeholders
• Engage stakeholders by category
• Develop, execute, and validate a strategy for stakeholderengagement
5. Plan and manage budget and resources
• Estimate budgetary needs based on the scope of the projectand lessons learned
• from past projects
• Anticipate future budget challenges
• Monitor budget variations and work with governance processto adjust as necessary
• Plan and manage resources
6. Plan and manage schedule
• Estimate project tasks (milestones, dependencies, storypoints)
• Utilize benchmarks and historical data
• Prepare schedule based on methodology
• Measure ongoing progress based on methodology
• Modify schedule, as needed, based on methodology
• Coordinate with other projects and other operations
7. Plan and manage quality of products/deliverables
• Determine quality standard required for projectdeliverables
• Recommend options for improvement based on quality gaps
• Continually survey project deliverable quality
8. Plan and manage scope
• Determine and prioritize requirements
• Break down scope (e.g., WBS, backlog)
• Monitor and validate scope
9. Integrate project planning activities
• Consolidate the project/phase plans
• Assess consolidated project plans for dependencies, gaps,and continued business value
• Analyze the data collected
• Collect and analyze data to make informed project decisions
• Determine critical information requirements
10. Manage project changes
• Anticipate and embrace the need for change (e.g., followchange management practices)
• Determine strategy to handle change
• Execute change management strategy according to themethodology
• Determine a change response to move the project forward
11. Plan and manage procurement
• Define resource requirements and needs
• Communicate resource requirements
• Manage suppliers/contracts
• Plan and manage procurement strategy
• Develop a delivery solution
12. Manage project artifacts
• Determine the requirements (what, when, where, who, etc.)for managing the project artifacts
• Validate that the project information is kept up to date (i.e.,version control) and accessible to all stakeholders
• Continually assess the effectiveness of the management ofthe project artifacts
13. Determine appropriate project methodology/methods andpractices
• Assess project needs, complexity, and magnitude
• Recommend project execution strategy (e.g., contracting,finance)
• Recommend a project methodology/ approach (i.e.,predictive, agile, hybrid)
• Use iterative, incremental practices throughout theproject life cycle (e.g., lessons learned, stakeholder engagement, risk)
14. Establish project governance structure
• Determine appropriate governance for a project (e.g.,replicate organizational governance)
• Define escalation paths and thresholds
15. Manage project issues
• Recognize when a risk becomes an issue
• Attack the issue with the optimal action to achieveproject success
• Collaborate with relevant stakeholders on the approach toresolve the issues
16. Ensure knowledge transfer for project continuity
• Discuss project responsibilities within team
• Outline expectations for working environment
• Confirm approach for knowledge transfers
17. Plan and manage project/phase closure or transitions
• Determine criteria to successfully close the project orphase
• Validate readiness for transition (e.g., to operationsteam or next phase)
• Conclude activities to close out project or phase (e.g.,final lessons learned, retrospective, procurement, financials, resources)
Module 3 – Business Environment
1. Plan and manage project compliance
• Confirm project compliance requirements (e.g., security,health and safety, regulatory compliance)
• Classify compliance categories
• Determine potential threats to compliance
• Use methods to support compliance
• Analyze the consequences of noncompliance
• Determine necessary approach and action to addresscompliance needs (e.g., risk, legal)
• Measure the extent to which the project complies
2. Evaluate and deliver project benefits and value
• Investigate that benefits are identified
• Document agreement on ownership for ongoing benefitrealization
• Verify measurement system is in place to track benefits
• Evaluate delivery options to demonstrate value
• Appraise stakeholders of value gain progress
3. Evaluate and address external business environmentchanges for impact on scope
• Survey changes to external business environment (e.g.,regulations, technology, geopolitical, market)
• Assess and prioritize impact on project scope/backlogbased on changes in external business environment
• Recommend options for scope/backlog changes (e.g.,schedule, cost changes)
• Continually review external business environment forimpacts on project scope/backlog
4. Support organizational change
• Assess organizational culture
• Evaluate impact of organizational change to project anddetermine required actions
• Evaluate impact of the project to the organization anddetermine required actions