D87438 - Parallel Processing in Oracle Database 12c
After completing this seminar, you’ll understand the benefits of parallelizing requests in an Oracle 12c database. You’ll also be able to use features of parallel processing introduced in Oracle 11g Release 1 and 2.
- Optimize SQL statement execution using parallel processing.
- Use parallel processing appropriately to derive a benefit over serial processing.
- Control the use of parallel processing.
- Use a variety of features for parallelizing statements.
- Read execution plans of parallelized statements.
- Troubleshoot different issues associated with parallel processing.
- Use, control and manage parallelization.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Use Database Resource Manager to complement the control of parallel processing usage
- Define why and when to use parallel processing
- List the SQL statements and data loading utilities that can benefit from parallel processing
- Explain the basic concepts and theory associated with parallel execution
- Use a variety of parallel execution features with different SQL statements
- Read and evaluate execution plans for parallelized statements
- Use parallel processing features including Auto DOP, statement-queuing, and in-memory parallel execution
- Examine specific configurations such as RAC database to and Database Machine with parallel execution
- Troubleshoot parallel processing issues such as no parallel execution, unexpected DOP, or performance decrease
- Trace parallel execution to provide information to Oracle customer support
- Application Developers
- Database Administrators
- Data Warehouse Administrator
- Module 1: Parallel execution concepts
- Module 2: Using Manual DOP
- Module 3: Using Auto DOP
- Module 4: Using Statement Queuing
- Module 5: In-Memory Parallel Execution
- Module 6: Parallel Execution and Data Loading
- Module 7: Troubleshoot situations when parallel processing does not proceed as desired
- Module 8: Managing a Mixed Workload with DBRM
- Knowledge of database administration
- Oracle Database 12c R2: Administration Workshop Ed 3
- Oracle Database: SQL Tuning for Developers
This course is not associated with any Certification.
Show Schedule for: