D86597 - Using Oracle Database Vault with Oracle Database 12c
The Using Oracle Database Vault with Oracle Database 12c course will teach you how to configure and use Oracle Database Vault. Oracle Database Vault provides powerful, preventive and administrative controls that helps organizations defend against common attack vectors from inside and outside the organization.
- Enable and configure Oracle Database Vault.
- Configure realms, rule sets, rules, SQL command rules and secure application roles.
- Define factors to extend rule sets.
- Run Database Vault reports to view attempted policy violations.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Learn best practices
- Enable and configure Oracle Database Vault
- Block access to sensitive application data from inside and outside the organization
- Reduce the attack surface for potential security breaches through limiting privileges
- Create protection zones using realms and secure application roles
- Define command controls using rules sets, command rules, factors, and identities
- Perform security analysis and report security vulnerabilities
- Database Administrators
- System Administrator
- Support Engineer
- Security Administrators
- Module 1: Introduction
- Module 2: Database Vault Overview
- Module 3: Analyzing Privileges
- Module 4: Configuring Realms
- Module 5: Defining Rule Sets
- Module 6: Configuring Command Rules
- Module 7: Extending Rule Sets
- Module 8: Configuring Secure Application Roles
- Module 9: Auditing with Database Vault Reports
- Module 10: Implementing Best Practices
- Working knowledge of SQL and PL/SQL
- Oracle Database Administration experience
- Oracle Database 12c: Security
This course is not associated with any Certification.