D81246 - Oracle Database 12c: Clusterware Administration
This Oracle Database 12c: Clusterware Administration training will explore general cluster concepts and Oracle Clusterware architecture. Work with expert Oracle University instructors through interactive instruction and hands-on exercises to reinforce your learning. In this course, you will be introduced to Oracle Database Exadata Cloud Service.
- Perform Grid Infrastructure pre-installation tasks.
- Install both Standard and Flex clusters.
- Add and remove nodes from a cluster in addition to upgrading and patching existing Grid Homes.
- Manage and administer both Standard Clusters and Policy-Managed Clusters.
- Use Oracle Clusterware to make applications highly available.
- Gain an understanding of the Oracle Database Exadata Cloud Service.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Configure ASM disk groups
- Perform the prerequisite steps for extending a cluster
- Delete a node from a cluster
- Explain the principles and purposes of clusters
- Understand the scope and capabilities of what-if command evaluation
- Perform the different types of what-if command evaluation
- Install Grid Infrastructure for Standard and Flex clusters
- Add a Leaf node and a Hub node to a Flex cluster
- Understand Flex Clusters architecture and components
- Understand effect of node failure in Flex Clusters
- Verify the installation
- Describe Cluster hardware best practices
- Describe the Oracle Clusterware architecture
- Describe Clusterware architecture
- Install and configure Flex Clusters
- Gain an understanding of the Oracle Database Exadata Cloud Service
- Database Administrators
- Module 1: Introduction to Grid Infrastructure
- Module 2: Oracle Clusterware Architecture
- Module 3: Flex Cluster Architecture
- Module 4: Grid Infrastructure Pre-Installation Tasks
- Module 5: Installing Grid Infrastructure
- Module 6: Managing Cluster Nodes
- Module 7: Traditional Clusterware Management
- Module 8: Policy-Based Cluster Management
- Module 9: Patching Grid Infrastructure
- Module 10: Troubleshooting Oracle Clusterware
- Module 11: Making Applications Highly Available
- Module 12: Oracle Database Exadata Cloud Service Overview
- Working knowledge of Oracle Database 11g: Release 2 on Linux Operating System
- Working knowledge of Oracle Clusterware, ASM & RAC on Linux
- Oracle Grid Infrastructure 11g: Manage Clusterware and ASM – Release 2
- Oracle Database 11g: RAC Administration Release 2
This course is not associated with any Certification.
Show Schedule for: