D79236 - Oracle Database 12c: Performance Management and Tuning
In the Oracle Database 12c: Performance Management and Tuning course, learn about the performance analysis and tuning tasks expected of a DBA: proactive management through built-in performance analysis features and tools, diagnosis and tuning of the Oracle Database instance components, and diagnosis and tuning of SQL-related performance issues. In this course, you will be introduced to Oracle Database Cloud Service.
- Use the Oracle tuning methodology.
- Use Oracle-supplied tools for monitoring and diagnosing SQL and instance performance issues.
- Use database advisors to proactively correct performance problems.
- Identify and tune problem SQL statements.
- Monitor instance performance by using Enterprise Manager.
- Tune instance components.
- Gain an understanding of the Oracle Database Cloud Service.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Use the Oracle Database tuning methodology appropriate to the available tools
- Utilize database advisors to proactively tune an Oracle Database Instance
- Use the tools based on the Automatic Workload Repository to tune the database
- Diagnose and tune common SQL related performance problems
- Diagnose and tune common Instance related performance problems
- Use Enterprise Manager performance-related pages to monitor an Oracle Database
- Gain an understanding of the Oracle Database Cloud Service
- Database Administrators
- Data Warehouse Administrator
- Module 1: Introduction
- Module 2: Basic Tuning Diagnostics
- Module 3: Using Automatic Workload Repository
- Module 4: Defining the Scope of Performance Issues
- Module 5: Using Metrics and Alerts
- Module 6: Using Baselines
- Module 7: Using AWR-Based Tools
- Module 8: Real-Time Database Operation Monitoring
- Module 9: Monitoring Applications
- Module 10: Identifying Problem SQL Statements
- Module 11: Influencing the Optimizer
- Module 12: Reducing the Cost of SQL Operations
- Module 13: Using SQL Performance Analyzer
- Module 14: SQL Performance Management
- Module 15: Using Database Replay
- Module 16: Tuning the Shared Pool
- Module 17: Tuning the Buffer Cache
- Module 18: Tuning PGA and Temporary Space
- Module 19: Automatic Memory
- Module 20: Performance Tuning Summary with Waits
- Module 21: Oracle Database Cloud Service: Overview
- Oracle Database 12c R2: Administration Workshop Ed 3
- Oracle Database 12c: Install and Upgrade Workshop
This course is not associated with any Certification.
Show Schedule for: