This course provides a technical introduction to Oracle VM 2.2, starting with use cases and expanding to cover management of fully virtualized datacenters using Oracle VM's high availability features. After taking this course, students learn to rapidly deploy Oracle products as pre-configured templates, make critical decisions such as hardware or paravirtualization, and learn to take full advantage of the management, reliability and availability tools which come with Oracle VM. Recorded Demos add to the learning experience, through demos on Importing VMware Virtual Machine, Server Pool Management using Oracle VM Manager, VM Configuration, Administration, and Lifecycle Management.
- Understanding different Virtualization types
- Understanding why virtualize
- Understanding using RAD Templates
- Managing pools of servers
- Using Oracle VM to manage virtual datacenter