D70064 - Oracle Database 11g: Administer a Data Warehouse
This course will help you understand the basic concepts of administering a data warehouse. You’ll learn to use various Oracle Database features to improve performance and manageability in a data warehouse.
- Implement partitioning.
- Use parallel operations to reduce response time.
- Extract, transform and load data.
- Create, use and refresh materialized views to improve data warehouse performance.
- Use query rewrite to quickly answer business queries using materialized views.
- Use SQL access advisor and PL/SQL procedures to tune materialized views for fast refresh and query rewrites.
- Identify the benefits of partitioning, in addition to using parallel operations to reduce response time for data-intensive operations.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Use parallel operations to reduce response time for data-intensive operations
- Extract, Transform, and Load data in the data warehouse
- Create, use, and refresh materialized views to improve the data warehouse performance
- Use Query rewrite to quickly answer business queries using materialized views
- Use SQL Access Advisor and PL/SQL procedures to tune materialized views for fast refresh and query rewrite
- Use the features of compression and resumable sessions
- Review the basic Oracle data warehousing concepts
- Application Developers
- Database Administrators
- Support Engineer
- Technical Consultant
- Data Warehouse Developer
- Data Warehouse Administrator
- Module 1: Introduction
- Module 2: Data Warehouse Design: Overview
- Module 3: Data Warehouse Tuning Considerations
- Module 4: Partitioning Basics
- Module 5: Parallelism Concepts
- Module 6: Parallel Operations in Data Warehouses
- Module 7: ETL: Extraction and Transportation
- Module 8: ETL: Loading
- Module 9: ETL: Transformation
- Module 10: Materialized Views
- Module 11: Refreshing Materialized Views
- Module 12: Working With Dimensions
- Module 13: Query Rewrite
- Module 14: Using the SQL Access Advisor, Compression, and Resemble Sessions
- Good working knowledge of SQL and in data warehouse design and implementation
- Data Warehouse design, implementation, and maintenance experience
- Ability to read and understand execution plans
This course is not associated with any Certification.