D69518 - Java Performance Tuning and Optimization
This Java Performance Tuning and Optimization training will teach you about performance tuning methodologies, performance tuning theories and practical tips to solve difficult performance problems for Java applications. Expert Oracle University instructors will help you expand your skills during a series of labs derived from real world performance tuning issues.
- Set up a performance tuning environment.
- Tune the performance of a Java application at the language level.
- Monitor Java applications.
- Apply rigor to the task of performance tuning.
- Use various tools and mechanisms for monitoring, profiling and tuning Java applications.
- Apply best practices for performance testing.
- Tune garbage collection in a Java application.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Apply basic performance tuning principles to a Java application
- Monitor performance on Solaris, Linux and Windows at the OS/JVM/Application level
- Profile the performance of a Java Application
- Describe various garbage collection schemes
- Java Developers
- Support Engineer
- Technical Consultant
- Java EE Developers
- Module 1: Introduction to Java Performance Tuning
- Module 2: JVM and Peformance Overview
- Module 3: Monitoring Operating System Performance
- Module 4: Monitoring the JVM
- Module 5: Performance Profiling
- Module 6: Garbage Collection Schemes
- Module 7: Garbage Collection Tuning
- Module 8: Language Level Concerns and Garbage Collection
- Module 9: Performance Tuning at the Language Level
- Develop applications by using the Java programming language
- Implement interfaces and handle Java programming exceptions
- Use object-oriented programming techniques
- Administer basic Windows, Linux or Solaris systems
This course is not associated with any Certification.