D65269 - Developing Applications for the Java EE 6 Platform
The Developing Applications for the Java(TM) EE Platform training helps you develop the knowledge to build and deploy enterprise applications that comply with Java(TM) Platform, Enterprise Edition 6 technology standards. This course is ideal for Sun(TM) Certified Java technology programmers who want to develop enterprise applications that conform to the Java EE platform standards.
- Describe the application model for the Java EE platform and the context for the model.
- Understand enterprise components and work with (JSP(TM)) technology.
- Create web services using SOAP and RESTful techniques.
- Assemble and deploy an application into an application server (Java EE platform runtime environment).
- Develop expertise using Enterprise JavaBeans(TM) (EJB(TM)) technology.
- Become familiar wtih the Java Persistence API.
- Create user interfaces using servlets, JSP technology (JSP pages) and JavaServer Faces (JSF).
- Develop simple web services for the Java EE platform.
- Understand RESTful and SOAP web services and the Java technology clients who use them.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Select the correct Java EE Profile for a given application
- Develop and run an EJB technology application
- Develop basic Java Persistence API entity classes to enable database access
- Develop a web-based user interface using Servlets, JSPs, and JSF
Who Should Attend
- Java Developers
- J2EE Developer
- Java EE Developers
- Module 1: Survey of Java EE Technologies
- Module 2: Enterprise Application Architecture
- Module 3: Web Technology Overview
- Module 4: Developing Servlets
- Module 5: Developing With JavaServer Pages Technology
- Module 6: JavaServer Faces
- Module 7: EJB Overview
- Module 8: Implementing EJB 3.0 Session Beans
- Module 9: The Java Persistence API
- Module 10: Implementing a Transaction Policy
- Module 11: Developing Asynchronous Java EE Applications and Messaging
- Module 12: Developing Message-Driven Beans
- Module 13: Web Service Model
- Module 14: Implementing Java EE Web Services with JAX-WS and JAX-RS
- Module 15: Implementing a Security Policy
- Experience with the Java programming language
- Familiarity with object serialization
- Familiarity with relational database theory and the basics of structured query language (SQL)
- Familiarity with the use of an IDE
This course is not associated with any Certification.