D58682 - Oracle WebLogic Server 11g: Administration Essentials
This Oracle WebLogic Server 11g: Administration Essentials training teaches Web administrators techniques for installing and configuring Oracle WebLogic Server 11g. Expert Oracle University instructors will teach you how to deploy Java EE applications to Oracle WebLogic Server 11g using Administration Console and command-line and scripting tools like WLST.
Learn How To:
- Describe the architecture of WebLogic Server including domains, servers and machines.
- Install, configure and use WebLogic Server.
- Perform routine Oracle WebLogic Server administration functions.
- Set up a cluster of servers and distribute applications and resources to the cluster.
- Configure Oracle HTTP Server as the Web-tier front end for Oracle WebLogic Server instances and clusters.
- Deploy different types of Java EE applications to Oracle WebLogic Server.
Increase the performance and scalability of your organization’s applications and services with the #1 application server. Simplify deployment and significantly improve time-to-market. Configure Oracle HTTP Server You'll also learn to configure Oracle HTTP Server as the Web interface for Oracle WebLogic Server, along with supporting failover and load balancing for applications. Overview of Administrative Tasks This course provides an overview of the administrative tasks performed by a WebLogic Server administrator. At the end of the course, you will have gained knowledge at an associate level of competency. Appendix An appendix is included covering the differences between the 11g (10.3.3) and 12c (12.1.1) product versions with regard to Oracle WebLogic Server administration topics. The follow up Oracle WebLogic Server 11g: Advanced Administration course provides a more in depth coverage of administration tasks. This course is an upgrade of Oracle WebLogic Server 10g R3: System Administration.
- Set up a cluster of servers and distribute applications and resources to the cluster
- Backup and recover from various failures
- Monitor application server using GUI and command-line tools such as automation scripts
- Describe the architecture of WebLogic Server including domains, servers and machines
- Install, configure and use WebLogic Server
- Perform routine Oracle WebLogic Server administration functions
- Configure Oracle HTTP Server as the Web-tier front end for Oracle WebLogic Server instances and clusters
- Deploy different types of Java EE applications to Oracle WebLogic Server
- Deploy and manage large-scale Java EE applications to servers or clusters through the entire development and production lifecycle
- Configure basic resource and application security
- End User
- Introducing Oracle Fusion Middleware Platform
- Defining Java Enterprise Edition Terminology and Architecture
- Installing Oracle WebLogic Server
- Configuring a Simple Domain
- Configuring a Domain Using Templates
- Using Administration Console and WLST
- Configuring Managed Servers
- Configuring Node Managers
- Viewing and Managing Logs in Oracle WLS Environment
- Deployment Concepts
- Deploying Java EE Applications
- Advanced Deployment
- Understanding JDBC and Configuring Data Sources
- Setting Up Java Message Service (JMS) Resources
- Introduction to Clustering
- Configuring a Cluster
- Managing Clusters
- Security Concepts and Configuration
- Protecting Against Attacks
- Backup and Recovery Operations
This course is not associated with any Certification.