D52163 - Oracle Database 11g: SQL Tuning Workshop
This Oracle Database 11g: SQL Tuning Workshop Release 2 training assists database developers, DBAs and SQL developers in identifying and tuning inefficient SQL statements. You’ll explore investigative methods to reveal varying levels of detail about how the Oracle database executes the SQL statement; this helps you determine the root causes of the inefficient SQL statements.
- Use Oracle tools to identify inefficient SQL statements.
- Use Automatic SQL Tuning.
- Use Real Time SQL monitoring.
- Write more efficient SQL statements.
- Monitor and trace high load SQL statements.
- Manage optimizer statistics on database objects.
- Interpret execution plans, and the different ways in which data can be accessed.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Trace an application through its different levels of the application architecture
- Understand how the Query Optimizer makes decisions about how to access data
- Define how optimizer statistics affect the performance of SQL
- List the possible methods of accessing data, including different join methods
- Identify poorly performing SQL
- Modify a SQL statement to perform at its best
- Application Developers
- Database Administrators
- Support Engineer
- Data Warehouse Developer
- Data Warehouse Administrator
- PL/SQL Developer
- Module 1: Architecture, SQL Tuning, and Optimization
- Module 2: Indexes, Access Paths, and Join Operations
- Module 3: Execution Plans and Star Transformations
- Module 4: Optimizer Statistics, Hints, and Cursor Sharing
- Module 5: Application Tracing and Automatic SQL Tuning
Oracle Database: Introduction to SQL
This course is not associated with any Certification.