The Oracle Linux System Administration III course covers the implementation of advanced Linux file systems, configuring virtualization services and resource management controls, use of Docker containers and Kubernetes container orchestration services, advanced security services, and advanced diagnostics services. The course also provides extensive hands-on experience for advanced system administration tasks.
- Address today's large storage requirements including the Oracle Cluster File System, iSCSI and multipathing, and use of the Gluster File System.
- Manage resources to deliver consistent response times and performance.
- Allocate system resources to specific Linux processes.
- Use DTrace, which provides a comprehensive look into the software stack and enables you to identify performance bottlenecks.
- Use container technologies, including Oracle Container Runtime for Docker and Oracle Linux Container Services for use with Kubernetes.
- Use the Linux Auditing System and OpenSCAP to enhance system security.
Benefits To You:
After taking this course, you will be equipped to use the advanced features of Oracle Linux to get the most out of your systems and applications. You'll learn how to use Control Groups, Docker Containers, and KVM to increase your resource utilization by creating secure, isolated environments on a single host. Manage a cluster of containers across a cluster of systems by using the Kubernetes container orchestrator.
Gain Hands-On Experience:
Extensive hands-on practices will guide you through each concept. You will install different types of file systems, including OCFS2 and Gluster. You will also experience how to share storage devices across multiple systems, allocate system resources such as CPU, memory, network and I/O bandwidth to critical processes. You will also learn container technology by installing and configuring Oracle Container Runtime for Docker and Oracle Linux Container Services for use with Kubernetes.