ZA599G - WebSphere Application Server v9 Administration in a Federated Environment
This course teaches you the skills that are needed to administer IBM WebSphere Application Server V9 in a federated environment.
This release of IBM WebSphere Application Server provides enhanced support for standards (notably Java 7 EE), emerging technology, and a choice of development frameworks.
In this course, you learn how to configure and maintain IBM WebSphere Application Server V9 Network Deployment. You learn how to deploy and create a deployment manager and federate a cell. In addition, you learn how to create a cluster within the federated cell.
Throughout the course, hands-on exercises and demonstrations reinforce lecture content. You gain practical experience with WebSphere Application Server V9 by completing tasks such as creating a deployment manager, federating a stand-alone application server, creating a custom profile, and clustering an existing application server.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the architectural concepts that are related to WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment
- Create a deployment manager instance
- Federate an application
This course is designed for WebSphere administrators who have experience with stand-alone application server environments, and want to learn about creating and managing a federated environment.
1. Course introduction
2. WebSphere Application Server architecture: Federated
3. Federating a cell
- Exercise: Configuring the lab workstation
- Exercise: Creating a federated cell
4. Workload management
- Exercise: Clustering and workload management
5. WebSphere security: SSL
- Exercise: Configuring SSL for WebSphere
6. Overview of Intelligent Management
7. Course summary
- Basic operational skills for the Linux operating system
- Administrative skills for a web server, such as IBM HTTP Server or Apache
- Basic understanding of cloud concepts, private, public and hybrid clouds, and specifically traditional on-premises environments
- Completion of course WebSphere Application Server V9 Administration (WA590G) or WebSphere Application Server V9 Administration (ZA590G), or experience with WebSphere Application Server in a stand-alone environment