WF270G - IBM Content Navigator Administration V3.0.6
This course is also available as self-paced virtual (e-learning) course IBM Content Navigator Administration V3.0.6 (ZF270G). This option does not require any travel.
This course provides technical professionals with the skills that are needed to configure, customize, and administer the IBM Content Navigator web client for IBM FileNet Content Manager.
The course begins with an introduction to IBM Content Navigator. You learn how to view, add, modify, and search for content in the web client. You learn how to connect to repositories, create new desktops, define cross-repository searches, create teamspace, configure IBM Content Navigator Sync services and Edit services client, define role-based redactions, and build entry templates. You also configure external share to securely share documents with users outside of your organization. You learn how to customize the desktop appearance, modify menus, icons, and labels, create a viewer map, and register a plug-in.
IBM Content Navigator can be used to manage content from different types of repositories such as IBM FileNet Content Manager, IBM Content Manager, IBM Content Manager OnDemand, CMIS, and Box. This course focuses on IBM FileNet Content Manager.
Through instructor-led presentations and hands-on lab exercises, you learn about the core features of IBM Content Navigator.
The lab environment for this course uses Windows Server 2016 Standard Edition.<
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Identify the capabilities of IBM Content Navigator
- View, add, modify and search for repository content
- Connect to repositories
- Configure an IBM Content Navigator de
This course is intended for administrators of IBM Content Navigator.
1. Introducing IBM Content Navigator
- Exercise: Working with repository content
2. IBM Content Navigator Configuration
- Exercise: Configuring an IBM Content Navigator desktop
3. Customizing an IBM Content Navigator Desktop
- Exercise: Customizing an IBM Content Navigator Desktop
4. Entry Templates
- Exercise: Configuring Entry Templates
5. Role-based redactions
- Exercise: Configuring and working with role-based redactions
6. IBM Content Navigator Sync
- Exercise: Configuring and using IBM Navigator Sync
7. IBM Content Navigator Edit Service
- Exercise: Configuring and using the Edit Service client
8. External Share
- Exercise: Configuring and managing external share
- Familiarity with content management concepts
- Recommended course or equivalent knowledge: IBM FileNet P8 Platform Essentials (V5.5.x) (F2800G)