TS618G - IBM Spectrum Protect v8.1.9 - Implementation and Administration
IBM Spectrum Protect 8.1.9 is a data backup and recovery solution designed to help you manage your data retention, reduce the cost of storage, and provide appropriate recovery point objectives to meet any service level agreement. IBM Spectrum Protect offers improved efficiency and flexibility using object-based data management and policy driven retention.
This five-day course will focus on implementation and basic administration of a IBM Spectrum Protect environment. The hands-on lab exercises are performed on a Windows 2016 environment. The course materials include examples of AIX and Linux commands, when different from Windows.
- Describe the purpose of IBM Spectrum Protect
- Install and configure the IBM Spectrum Protect components
- Use the administrative and client interfaces
- Discuss storage methodology options and create storage pools
Implementers and administrators who are new to IBM Spectrum Protect data management.
- Unit 1 - Components and concepts
- Unit 2 - Installation and configuration
- Unit 3 - Interfaces and monitoring
- Unit 4 - Storage pools and devices
- Unit 5 - Policy management, data movement, and expiration
- Unit 6 - Server database and storage pool management
- Unit 7 - Client configuration and management
- Unit 8 - Client data protection
- Unit 9 - Daily operations and maintenance
- Unit 10 - Schedules and reports
- Ability to navigate Windows 2016
- A basic understanding of concepts regarding client/server relationships