TN530G - IBM Network Performance Insight 1.3.1 Installation and Configuration
IBM Network Performance Insight is a network performance monitoring system. It offers real-time and historical trends in network performance and interactive views of network data that help reduce network downtime and optimize network performance. Network Performance Insight provides IBM Netcool Operations Insight with comprehensive IP network device performance monitoring and traffic analysis. In this 3-day course, you learn how to install IBM Network Performance Insight and integrate it with IBM Netcool Operations Insight. This course is lab-intensive, with an emphasis on hands-on exercises.
If you are enrolling in a Self Paced Virtual Classroom or Web Based Training course, before you enroll, please review the Self-Paced Virtual Classes and Web-Based Training Classes on our Terms and Conditions page, as well as the system requirements, to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course.
After you complete this course, you can perform the following tasks:
- Install IBM Network Performance Insight
- Integrate the IBM Network Performance Insight user interface into IBM Dashboard Application Services Hub
- Integrate Network Performance Insight with IBM Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus
- Integrate Network Performance Insight with IBM Tivoli Network Manager IP Edition
This course will be useful to implementers, administrators, technical sales persons, and any others who need IBM Network Performance Insight skills.
- Preparing hosts for installation
- Installing Ambari and Hortonworks Data Platform
- Installing Network Performance Insight
- Integrating discovery and metric collection with IBM Tivoli Network Manager
- Integrating the event service with Netcool/OMNIbus
- Integrating the UI service with Dashboard Application Services Hub
- Installing technology packs
- Installing and configuring the Device Dashboard
- Configure Dashboard Application Services Hub roles
- Installing an interim fix
- Verifying the installation
- Linux administration skills
- A working knowledge of IBM Netcool Operations Insight
- A general knowledge of IP network monitoring methods, such as SNMP, IP Flow, IP SLA