OL52G - Hardware Management Console (HMC) for Power Systems with IBM i
This course is designed to familiarize the student with functions of the HMC using lecture and lab exercises.
- Install an HMC and go through the setup wizard
- Connect the HMC to a managed system
- Create and manage partitions manually or with a .sysplan
- Manage the HMC including updating code for the HMC and firmware in the managed system
This is an intermediate course for IBM, IBM Business Partners, and customers that have a need for HMC operations and management.
- Unit 1: Introduction to the Hardware Management Console
- Unit 2: Setting up and configuring the HMC
- Exercise 1: eLab access, installation, and navigation
- Unit 3: System management
- Exercise 2: Managed server tasks and navigation
- Unit 4: System plans
- Exercise 3: Working with system plans
- Unit 5: HMC management
- Exercise 4: HMC management
- Unit 6: Service management
- Unit 7: Updates to the HMC and firmware
- Exercise 5: Fixes
- Unit 8: Advanced functions for the HMC
- Exercise 6: Secure Shell, remote 5250, and ASM
- Exercise 7: Create a simple LPAR and partition tasks
- Unit 9: New enhancements
This course is not associated with any Certification.