ES42G - Parallel Sysplex Implementation Workshop
This is developed for systems programmers working on an implementation of a Parallel Sysplex. It covers the details of z/OS and z/OS-related products and subsystems exploiting the Parallel Sysplex components. It is focused on the resource sharing side.
- Understand the steps to implement a basic and full Parallel Sysplex
- Implement a basic sysplex
- Implement a multisystem base sysplex
- Implement the connectivity for a Parallel Sysplex
- Implement the features and functions of a Parallel Sysplex
- Implement the coupling facility key exploiters
- Understand the different recovery scenarios
This intermediate course is for system and subsystem programmers, and personnel responsible for the implementation of the hardware and software for a Parallel Sysplex.
- Unit 1: Sysplex: Overview and definitions
- Lab 2: Building two stand-alone systems
- Unit 2: Base sysplex definitions and commands
- Unit 3: Hardware Management Console Lab 3: Building a two system base sysplex
- Unit 4: Base sysplex migration to Parallel Sysplex
- Unit 5: Coupling Facility architecture
- Lab 4: Base to Parallel Sysplex migration dynamically Lab 5: Dynamically add a third CF to sysplex
- Lab 6: Implementation of CF exploiters
- Unit 6: Sysplex operation and recovery
- Lab recovery
- Installing and testing z/OS and related products
- HCD coding
- PARMLIB settings
This course is not associated with any Certification.