CMW61G - IMS Shared Queues
This is an online courses. Please do not make travel arrangements for this course. After you receive confirmation that you are enrolled, you will be sent further instructions to access audio and video.
This course of 5 sessions, 4 hours each day, is designed to teach you about a key availability and capacity enhancement to Information Management System (IMS) - the Shared Queues facility, which offers the ability to share full function message queues within a parallel sysplex environment. Also, learn about sharing Fast Path Expedited Message Handler (EMH) queues within a parallel sysplex environment.
- Describe the hardware and software components of IMS Shared Queues
- Understand how the initial IMS configuration impacts planning for the implementation of Shared Queues
- Identify the key migration and operational considerations of IMS Shared Queues implementation
- Implement, initialize, and access IMS Shared Message Queues (MSGQ) and Shared EMH Queues (EMHQ)
- Describe how IMS Queues, Schedules and processes transactions in a Shared Queues environment
- Identify MSC and conversational processing considerations as well as log records associated with an IMS Shared Queues environment
- Use IMS exits and XCF commands related to IMS Shared Queues
- Tailor IMS System definitions and execution time parameters associated with IMS Shared Queues
This is an intermediate course for experienced IMS programmers, IMS Database (DB) and Transaction Manager (TM) system administrators, IMS application designers, and IMS operations individuals who plan, implement, and support IMS Shared Queues.
- Introduction to Shared Queues
- IMS CQS and Shared Queues Mainline Processing
- Enabling Shared Queues
- Special Considerations
- Complete IMS Data Sharing (CM500) or IMS Data Sharing - Instructor Led Online (CMW50) or
- have moderate-level knowledge of IMS Data Sharing