C110001G - Introduction to the IBM Cloud Site Reliability Engineer Role
The Introduction to the IBM Cloud Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) Role module reviews the high-level Site Reliability Engineering concepts. The module takes a deeper dive into the associated skills, tasks, and responsibilities required of an individual in the IBM Cloud SRE role. This module discusses Site Reliability Engineer (the role) and Site Reliability Engineering (the discipline) that can both share the acronym of SRE.
- Understand the Site Reliability Engineer profession.
- Understand the Site Reliability Engineer role in IBM Cloud deployments.
- Learn about IBM Cloud topics of interest to SREs.
This course is intended for learners who are pursuing professional-level site reliability engineer certification on IBM Cloud.
- Topic 1: Site Reliability Engineering
- Topic 2: IBM Cloud Site Reliability Engineer
- Topic 3: IBM Cloud Platform
Before starting this curriculum, the target audience should understand:
- System Thinking
- DevOps practices
- Cloud Architecture
- Software engineering principles
- System administration
- Network and OSI model
- Networking and security practices for IBM Cloud
- Incident management
- Root cause analysis
The target audience should also be able to:
- Proficiently write code
- Create run books as a reference
- Make system components serviceable
- Interpret data and statistics to determine actions
- Use LogDNA, SysDig, Grafana, Prometheus, Kibana
- Interpret schematics
- Drive incidents to resolution
- Remediate underlying sources of unreliability
- Create and configure VMs
- Create and configure Containers on IBM Kubernetes Service (IKS)/Red Hat OpenShift Kubernetes Services (ROKS)
- Create and configure Containers using OpenShift
- Create and configure Serverless applications
- Configure for high availability and scalability