B6290G - IBM Cognos Analytics: Modeling with Data Modules v11.1.x
This training teaches data modelers how to model data using data modules in IBM Cognos Analytics. Users will learn how to create data modules from different sources, such as uploaded files. They will also identify how to customize their data modules by adding joins, calculations, and filters. In addition, they will examine how to group their data (for example, by using navigation paths), how to share their data modules with others, and how to make use of some advanced modeling techniques, such as relative date analysis.
If you are enrolling in a Self Paced Virtual Classroom or Web Based Training course, before you enroll, please review the Self-Paced Virtual Classes and Web-Based Training Classes on our Terms and Conditions page, as well as the system requirements, to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course.
Please refer to course overview
1. Data modeling in IBM Cognos Analytics
- Create and use data modules
- Intent-driven modeling
- Use the web modeling user interface: overview
2. Create a data module
- Sources for data modules
- Create a new data module in IBM Cognos Analytics: high level steps
- Add and relink sources
- Enable data caching
3. Modify and refine a data module
- What happens when you create a data module?
- How can I modify and refine a data module?
- Modifying the graphic representation
4. Create relationship joins
- What are relationships?
- Create a relationship: high-level steps
- Modify relationships
- Create new tables
5. Customize data modules using filters and calculations
- Customizing a data module
- Creating filters
- Viewing, editing, and removing filters
- Creating calculations
- Cleaning data
- Using custom calculations
6. Group data and create navigation paths
- Group data
- Group on a numeric column
- Group on a text column
- Create a navigation path
7. Share a data module
- What happens when you share a data module?
8. Advanced data modeling techniques
- Perform relative date analysis: overview
- Using the sample calendars to enable relative date analysis
- Create a data module for relative date analysis
- Customizing the reference date for relative date analysis
- Deal with multiple grains of data
- Set security in data modules
- Knowledge of your business requirements
- Previous experience building reports with IBM Cognos Analytics V11.1.x