9D80G - IBM SPM Design System for Developers
The SPM Design System is built specifically to help create government web applications to the highest usability and accessibility standards. The Design System includes best practices, design principles, imagery, and brand style. Developers need a practical understanding of the SPM Design System so that they can develop high-quality web applications for citizens and other users. During the course, learners will install the SPM Design System, set up the development environment, develop pages using Design System components, integrate with the Curam SPM server, and test their pages. At the beginning of the course, learners will review the main third-party technologies that are used during the course.
If you are enrolling in a Self Paced Virtual Classroom or Web Based Training course, before you enroll, please review the Self-Paced Virtual Classes and Web-Based Training Classes on our Terms and Conditions page, as well as the system requirements, to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course.
After completing the course, learners will be able to:
- Describe the purpose of the web app development technologies and tools that are used on the course
- Outline the technical foundation of the IBM SPM Design System
- Install the Design System and configure the development tools
- Implement pages using Design System components
- Configure the theme and style of pages
- Use a JSON server to simulate server interactions via a REST API
- Access a REST API on a Curam Server
- Write simple unit tests for a component
- Troubleshoot page errors using the IDE debugger and browser tools
- List considerations for adding custom and third-party components
- List useful resources for front-end development
This course is intended primarily for developers and technical architects who will work on IBM Curam implementation projects that use the SPM Design System. This course is also useful for testers and support staff who will work with the SPM Design System.
The course covers the following topics:
- Review of the tools and technologies for front-end development
- Developing pages using SPM Design System components
- Integrating using REST APIs
- Unit testing
Learners must complete the following course before taking this course:
- IBM SPM Design System for Designers (9D79G)
In addition, learners must have some experience of using the following technologies:
- JSX and React
This course is not associated with any Certification.