GCPGWA - Google Workspace Administration
G Suite just got better — introducing Google Workspace. Content delivered by our partners may still include some references to G Suite as updates are being made but you will still receive relevant training. If you're a Google Workspace admin who needs to manage and establish Google Workspace best practices for your organization, the lectures and hands-on labs in this certification & training course will show you how to use the features in the admin console so that you can manage users, control access to services, configure security settings, monitor Google Workspace operations, and more.
- You will create and configure a new Google Workspace account with a primary domain and explore options for provisioning.
- You will learn how to manage your users and become familiar with organizational structures and core services such as Gmail and Calendar.
- You will learn how to configure these services to meet your own needs for different parts of the organization.
- You will be introduced to Google's best practices to protect your users and data.
- You will examine user and application security and become familiar with the Single Sign-On (SSO) options available for your organization.
- You will be able to use the tools provided to identify security events and risks and mitigate problems that may arise.
- You will configure email compliance and implement measures to protect your organization from spam, spoofing, phishing, and malware attacks.
- You will also become familiar with the various mail routing options available.
- Finally, you will learn Google’s best practices for deploying Google Workspace into your organization.
New and existing Google Workspace administrators
The course includes presentations, demonstrations, and hands-on labs.
Module 1: Introduction to Google Workspace
Module 2: Managing Google Workspace
- Create a Google Workspace account and navigate the admin console.
- Describe the key properties of the Google Workspace directory.
- Explain provisioning options for users, groups, and calendar resources in Google Workspace.
- Undertake common user management tasks.
- Explain how an organizational structure is used in Google Workspace to simplify user and service management.
- Describe the types of admin roles available in Google Workspace.
Module 3: Google Workspace Security
- Configure Google Workspace services for different parts of the organization.
- Configure settings for Google Workspace core services such as Gmail, Calendar, Drive, and Docs.
- Explain the mobile device management options available in Google Workspace.
- Describe Google Vault, and explain how to use it to retain, search, and export your organization's data.
- Run and interpret administrative reports.
- Explain the basics of multi-domain management within Google Workspace.
Module 4: Google Workspace Mail Management
- Configure Google Workspace's user protection settings, such as password policies and recovery.
- Implement 2-step verification in your organization.
- Describe the SSO options available in Google Workspace.
- Integrate cloud-based applications with Google Workspace.
- Integrate LDAP-compliant applications using Secure LDAP.
- Configure trusted applications for your organization.
- Configure access to trusted applications to prevent malicious attacks.
- Use the security center to identify, triage, and take action on security and privacy issues.
Module 5: Planning Your Google Workspace Deployment
- Explain the Domain Name System (DNS), and be able to identify the common record types.
- Implement Google Workspace's email security measures, and explain the purpose of each.
- Configure Google Workspace to protect users from spam, phishing, and malware attacks.
- Implement email compliance features provided by Google Workspace.
- Describe common Google Workspace email routing options.
- Describe Google's three-phase deployment methodology.
- Describe how to provision domains, users, groups, and other objects in Google Workspace.
- Describe mail delivery types, and explain how routing should be configured during each deployment phase.
- Explain migration options, and make recommendations based on organizational needs.
- Describe how to migrate mail, calendar, and contacts data from a legacy platform to Google Workspace.
- Explain coexistence challenges encountered during a Google Workspace deployment, and recommend best practices, in particular around calendar coexistence.
- Describe the value of Change Management and the importance of the Change Manager.
This course is not associated with any certification.