GCPACE-T - Google Cloud Certified Associate Cloud Engineer
This track includes :
Google Cloud Platform Fundamentals: Core Infrastructure - GCPCIN - 1 Day
Architecting with Google Compute Engine - GCPGCE - 3 Days
Google Cloud Platform Fundamentals: Core Infrastructure one-day instructor-led class provides an overview of Google Cloud Platform products and services. Through a combination of presentations, demos, and hands-on labs, participants learn the value of Google Cloud Platform and how to incorporate cloud-based solutions into business strategies.
Architecting with Google Compute Engine is three-day instructor-led class introduces participants to the comprehensive and flexible infrastructure and platform services provided by Google Cloud Platform, with a focus on Compute Engine. Through a combination of presentations, demos, and hands-on labs, participants explore and deploy solution elements, including infrastructure components such as networks, systems, and application services. This certification & training course also covers deploying practical solutions including securely interconnecting networks, customer-supplied encryption keys, security and access management, quotas and billing, and resource monitoring.
Google Cloud Platform Fundamentals: Core Infrastructure course teaches participants the following skills:
Architecting with Google Compute Engine course teaches participants the following skills:
- Identify the purpose and value of Google Cloud Platform products and services
- Interact with Google Cloud Platform services
- Describe ways in which customers have used Google Cloud Platform
- Choose among and use application deployment environments on Google Cloud Platform: Google App Engine, Google Kubernetes Engine, and Google Compute Engine
- Choose among and use Google Cloud Platform storage options: Google Cloud Storage, Google Cloud SQL, Google Cloud Bigtable, and Google Cloud Datastore
- Make basic use of BigQuery, Google’s managed data warehouse for analytics
- Make basic use of Cloud Deployment Manager, Google’s tool for creating and managing cloud resources through templates
- Make basic use of Google Stackdriver, Google’s monitoring, logging, and diagnostics system
- Configure VPC networks and virtual machines
- Administer Identity and Access Management for resources
- Implement data storage services in GCP
- Manage and examine billing of GCP resources
- Monitor resources using Stackdriver services
- Connect your infrastructure to GCP
- Configure load balancers and autoscaling for VM instances
- Automate the deployment of GCP infrastructure services
- Leverage managed services in GCP
- Individuals planning to deploy applications and create application environments on Google Cloud Platform.
- Developers, systems operations professionals, and solution architects getting started with Google Cloud Platform.
- Executives and business decision makers evaluating the potential of Google Cloud Platform to address their business
- Cloud Solutions Architects, DevOps Engineers.
- Individuals using Google Cloud Platform to create new solutions or to integrate existing systems, application environments, and infrastructure with the Google Cloud Platform.
In Google Cloud Platform Fundamentals: Core Infrastructure, you will learn
Module 1: Introducing Google Cloud Platform
Module 2: Getting Started with Google Cloud Platform
- Explain the advantages of Google Cloud Platform.
- Define the components of Google’s network infrastructure, including: Points of presence, data centers, regions, and zones.
- Understand the difference between Infrastructure-as-a- Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS).
Module 3: Virtual Machines and Networks in the Cloud
- Identify the purpose of projects on Google Cloud Platform.
- Understand the purpose of and use cases for Identity and Access Management.
- List the methods of interacting with Google Cloud Platform.
- Lab: Getting Started with Google Cloud Platform.
Module 4: Storage in the Cloud
- Identify the purpose of and use cases for Google Compute Engine.
- Understand the various Google Cloud Platform networking and operational tools and services.
- Lab: Compute Engine
Module 5: Containers in the Cloud
- Understand the purpose of and use cases for: Google Cloud Storage, Google Cloud SQL, Google Cloud Bigtable, and Google Cloud Datastore.
- Learn how to choose between the various storage options on Google Cloud Platform.
- Lab: Cloud Storage and Cloud SQL
Module 6: Applications in the Cloud
- Define the concept of a container and identify uses for containers.
- Identify the purpose of and use cases for Google Kubernetes Engine and Kubernetes.
- Lab: Kubernetes Engine
Module 7: Developing, Deploying, and Monitoring in the Cloud
- Understand the purpose of and use cases for Google App Engine.
- Contrast the App Engine Standard environment with the App Engine Flexible environment.
- Understand the purpose of and use cases for Google Cloud Endpoints.
- Lab: App Engine
Module 8: Big Data and Machine Learning in the Cloud
- Understand options for software developers to host their source code.
- Understand the purpose of template-based creation and management of resources.
- Understand the purpose of integrated monitoring, alerting, and debugging.
- Lab: Deployment Manager and Stackdriver
In Architecting with Google Compute Engine, you will learn
- Understand the purpose of and use cases for the products and services in the Google Cloud big data and machine learning platforms.
- Lab: BigQuery
Module 1: Introduction to Google Cloud Platform
Module 2: Virtual Networks List the VPC objects in GCP
- List the different ways of interacting with GCP
- Use the GCP Console and Cloud Shell
- Create Cloud Storage buckets
- Use the GCP Marketplace to deploy solutions
Module 3: Virtual Machines
- Differentiate between the different types of VPC networks
- Implement VPC networks and firewall rules
- Design a maintenance server
Module 4: Cloud IAM
- Recall the CPU and memory options for virtual machines
- Describe the disk options for virtual machines
- Explain VM pricing and discounts
- Use Compute Engine to create and customize VM instances
Module 5: Storage and Database Services
- Describe the Cloud IAM resource hierarchy
- Explain the different types of IAM roles
- Recall the different types of IAM members
- Implement access control for resources using Cloud IAM
Module 6: Resource Management
- Differentiate between Cloud Storage, Cloud SQL, Cloud Spanner, Cloud Firestore and Cloud Bigtable
- Choose a data storage service based on your requirements
- Implement data storage services
Module 7: Resource Monitoring
- Describe the cloud resource manager hierarchy
- Recognize how quotas protect GCP customers
- Use labels to organize resources
- Explain the behavior of budget alerts in GCP
- Examine billing data with BigQuery
Module 8: Interconnecting Networks
- Describe the Stackdriver services for monitoring, logging, error reporting, tracing, and debugging
- Create charts, alerts, and uptime checks for resources with Stackdriver Monitoring
- Use Stackdriver Debugger to identify and fix errors
Module 9: Load Balancing and Autoscaling
- Recall the GCP interconnect and peering services available to connect your infrastructure to GCP
- Determine which GCP interconnect or peering service to use in specific circumstances
- Create and configure VPN gateways
- Recall when to use Shared VPC and when to use VPC Network Peering
Module 10: Infrastructure Automation
- Recall the various load balancing services
- Determine which GCP load balancer to use in specific circumstances Describe autoscaling behavior
- Configure load balancers and autoscaling
Module 11: Managed Services
- Automate the deployment of GCP services using Deployment Manager or Terraform
- Outline the GCP Marketplace
- Describe the managed services for data processing in GCP
Participants should have:
- Completion of Google Cloud Platform Fundamentals or equivalent experience
- Basic proficiency with command-line tools and Linux operating system environments
- Systems Operations experience, including deploying and managing applications, either on-premises or in a public cloud environment
- Familiarity with the Linux command line, web servers, and text editors.
This course is not associated with any Certification.