FT-FWC - FortiWLC Training
In this three-day class, you will learn how to design, implement, and maintain a basic FortiWLC-based wireless network.
The practical labs will give you hands on experience in configuration, management, and monitoring of the wireless network
After completing this course, candidates will be able to:
- Plan a simple, single channel wireless network for a low-to-medium density client environment.
- Plan a simple, multiple channel wireless network for a low-to-medium density client environment.
- Deploy a controller to an access point and integrate with the underlying wired network.
- Publish encrypted and guest wireless networks for use by your users.
- Monitor and assess your wireless networks health and capacity.
- Perform basic troubleshooting of client connectivity.
- Perform day-to-day management of your wireless network.
- Anyone who is responsible for the day-to-day management of a FortiWLC-based wireless network.
- Introduction to the FortiWLC, single channel and multiple channel wireless networking concepts.
- Radio frequency planning.
- Plan and design a basic wireless network using single and multiple channels architectures.
- Installing and configuring the FortiWLC.
- Integrating FortiWLC with the wired network.
- FortiAP integration.
- Building and broadcasting the wireless networks.
- Monitoring the wireless network.
- Gathering information for troubleshooting connectivity and performance issues.
- Managing and maintaining the wireless network.
A good understanding of wired and wireless technology and concepts is required to benefit from this course, such as:
- TCP/IP network experience.
- Knowledge of OSI layers.
- Experience with multichannel-wireless networks.
- Experience planning a wireless network with a simulation tool.
There is no certification exam associated with this course.