FT-FSM - FortiSIEM Basic Training
In this three-day course, you will learn how to use FortiSIEM, and how to integrate FortiSIEM into your network awareness infrastructure.
You will learn about initial configurations, architecture, and the discovery of devices on the network. You will also learn how to collect performance information and aggregate it with syslog data to enrich the overall view of the health of the environment. Additionally, you will learn how you can use the configuration database to greatly facilitate compliance audits
After completing these courses, you will be able to:
- Identify business drivers for using SIEM tools
- Describe SIEM and PAM concepts
- Describe key features of FortiSIEM
- Understand how collectors, workers, and supervisors work together
- Configure notifications
- Create new users and custom roles
- Describe the discovery process
- Enable devices for discovery
- Understand when to use agents
- Perform real-time, historic structured searches
- Group and aggregate search results
- Examine performance metrics
- Create custom incident rules
- Edit existing, or create new, reports
- Configure and customize the dashboards
- Export CMDB information
- Identify Windows Agent components
- Describe what Windows Agents are used for
- Understand how the Windows Agent Manager works in various deployment models
- Identify reports that relate to Windows Agents
- Understand FortiSIEM Linux File Monitoring Agent
- Understand agent registration
- Monitor agent communications after deployment
- Anyone who is responsible for day-to-day management of FortiSIEM.
- SIEM and PAM Concepts
- FortiSIEM Analytics
- CMDB Lookups and Filters
- Group By and Aggregations
- Incidents and Notification Policies
- Reports and Dashboards
- Maintaining and Tuning
- FortiSIEM Agents
A basic understanding of network concepts.
- This course prepares you for the FortiSIEM Specialist exam.
- NSE 5 Network Security Analyst certification requires passing at least two NSE 5 Specialist exams.