FT-FMG - FortiManager Training
In this two-day class, you will learn the fundamentals of using FortiManager for centralized network administration of many FortiGate devices.
In interactive labs, you will explore deployment strategies, which include single or multiple ADOMs, device registration, policy packages, shared objects, installing configuration changes, provisioning FortiManager as a local FortiGuard distribution server, and troubleshooting the features that are critical to day-to-day use after you deploy FortiManager.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the key features and capabilities of FortiManager
- Deploy administrative domains (ADOMs) to support multiple customers on a single FortiManager
- Restrict concurrent ADOM access by using workspaces and workflow mode
- Use provisioning templates for device-level changes across many devices
- Identify the synchronization states and manage the revision history of managed devices
- Manage firewall policies across multiple FortiGate devices using policy packages with shared and dynamic objects
- Deploy policies and objects from the global ADOM to multiple ADOMs
- Understand Security Fabric integration with FortiManager
- Deploy SD-WAN using central management
- Describe high-availability (HA), backup, and recovery options for FortiManager
- Manage the firmware of supported devices centrally
- Offer a local FortiGuard distribution server to your Fortinet devices
- Diagnose and troubleshoot import and installation issues
- Anyone who is responsible for the day-to-day management of FortiGate security policies using the FortiManager platform.
- Introduction and Initial Configuration
- Administration and Management
- Device Registration
- Device-Level Configuration and Installation
- Policy and Objects
- SD-WAN and Security Fabric
- Diagnostics and Troubleshooting
- Additional Configuration
- Knowledge of firewall concepts in an IPv4 network
- Familiarity with all topics in FortiGate Security and FortiGate Infrastructure
- Basic understanding of network management systems
- This course prepares you for the FortiManager Specialist exam.
- NSE 5 Network Security Analyst certification requires passing at least two NSE 5 Specialist exams.