CMF - Cisco Mobility Foundation
The course covers the fundamentals in Cisco BN Mobility technology and their essential product portfolio. Participants are introduced to the fundamentals of wireless site survey and will be given a hands-on lab session to try out the concepts learned to establish a simple mobility network design.
- Describe the concept of the RF spectrum, frequency, wavelength, amplitude, free path loss model, absorption, reflection, multi path, scattering, refraction, line of sight, Fresnel zone and RSSI and SNR
- Understand the basic mathematics that are used in wireless networks for power comparison.
- Describe Wireless Antennas Principles, types, diversity, attenuators, amplifiers, lightning arrestors and splitters
- Describe spread spectrum technology
- Describe the DSSS basic modulations and advanced modulation
- Describe OFDM basic and advanced modulation
- Describe the issues that are linked to channel overlaps and channel reuse
- Describe the different 802.11 protocols
- Describe how building materials can affect a wireless signal
- Describe the main non-802.11 types of interferers
- Describe the benefits of Cisco Clean Air technology
- Describe the characteristics of a wireless cell that is designed for data, voice, or location
- Describe the Cisco Unified Wireless Network Architecture Basics CAPWAP Fundamentals and Benefits
- Cisco Unified Wireless Network Hardware Components
- Cisco Unified Wireless Network Hardware: Access Points
- Cisco Unified Wireless Network Hardware: Controllers
- Cisco Unified Wireless Network Management Layer
- WLAN RF Principles and Fundamentals
- Design and Site-Survey Considerations
- Cisco Portfolio of Products in BN Mobility
This course is not associated with any Certification.
Show Schedule for: