ISO27001PISO - ISO/IEC 27001 Practitioner Information Security Officer (Based on ISO27001:2013)
This course is a two-day classroom training relevant for professionals who play a role in establishing the ISO/IEC 27000 standard. This course is designed for IT professionals, consultants who play a role in the ISO/IEC 27000 implementation or in providing support around ISO/IEC 27000 certification. Practical examples and case studies are used to guide you through the implementation route and prepare you to conduct a ISO/IEC 27000 assessment or audit. At the end of the two-day classroom training the APMG certification exam can be taken. This training does not cover audit techniques or the issues involved in preparing an organization for an audit.
The purpose of the practitioner qualification is to validate if the candidate has achieved sufficient understanding of ISO/IEC 27001 and its application in a given situation. On completion of this training course, learners will be able to:
- Apply the principles of ISMS policy and its information security scope, objectives, and processes within an organizational context
- Apply the principles of risk management including risk identification, analysis and evaluation and propose appropriate treatments and controls to reduce information security risk, support business objectives and improve information security.
- Analyze and evaluate deployed risk treatments and controls to assess their effectiveness and opportunities for continual improvement.
- Analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of the ISMS through the use of internal audit and management review to continually improve the suitability, adequacy and effectiveness of the ISMS.
- Understand, create, apply and evaluate the suitability, adequacy and effectiveness of documented information and records required by ISO/IEC 27001.
- Identify and apply appropriate corrective actions to maintain ISMS conformity with ISO/IEC 27001.
The target audience for this course and pre requisites are:
- Individuals at the start of their journey in Service Management
- ITSM Managers and aspiring ITSM Managers
- Individuals working in other parts of IT (digital, product development) with strong interface with service delivery
- Existing ITIL qualification holders wishing to update their knowledge
- Introduction to and background of ISO/lEC 27000.
- The certification scheme.
- ISO/IEC 27000 Standards family overview
- ISO/IEC 27001 and Annex A in detail.
- The use and application of ISO/lEC 27000.
- The implementation of ISO/IEC 27000.
- Preparing for a formal audit.
- ISO/IEC 27000 scoping and applicability.
- Exam practice and preparations.
- APMG ISO/IEC 27001 Foundation certificate.
- TÜV SÜD ISO27001 Foundation certificate.
- ICO-CERT ISMS 27001 Foundation certificate.
PRE-COURSE READING There are no pre-course reading materials needed for this course although candidates are encouraged to have the ISO/IEC27000 standards available and also be familiar with the standards
Learners who have successfully completed the course and pass the exam will be recognized as “Practitioner – Information Security Officer” under the APMG certification scheme. For those learners who do not meet the requirements stipulated in pre-requisites stated above or fail the exam would be awarded a course attendance certificate only.