AWS-CBDS-B - AWS Certified Data Analytics - Specialty
This track includes:
Big Data on AWS - 3 Days
Exam Readiness: AWS Certified Data Analytics - 0.5 DayBig Data on AWS introduces you to cloud-based big data solutions such as Amazon Elastic MapReduce (EMR), Amazon Redshift, Amazon Kinesis and the rest of the AWS big data platform. In this course, we show you how to use Amazon EMR to process data using the broad ecosystem of Hadoop tools like Hive and Hue. We also teach you how to create big data environments, work with Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon Redshift, Amazon QuickSight, Amazon Athena and Amazon Kinesis, and leverage best practices to design big data environments for security and cost-effectiveness.
The AWS Certified Data Analytics - Specialty exam validates technical skills and experience in designing and implementing AWS services to derive value from data. This course is intended for Individuals with a Cloud Practitioner or Associate-level AWS certification and two or more years of experience performing complex big data analysis. The course helps you prepare for the exam by taking a deep dive into several data-driven use cases.
Certification bundle includes:
- Big Data on AWS
- AWS Certification Exam Readiness Workshop: Data Analytics
In this course, you will learn how to:
- Identify the value and advantages of the AWS Cloud
- Recognize the valuable ways that the AWS platform can be used
- Understand the robust security capabilities, controls, and assurances in place to maintain data and network security
- Articulate the financial impact the AWS Cloud can have on an organization’s cost management, while minimizing the risks associated with consumption-based pricing models
- Fit AWS solutions inside of a big data ecosystem
- Leverage Apache Hadoop in the context of Amazon EMR
- Identify the components of an Amazon EMR cluster
- Launch and configure an Amazon EMR cluster
- Leverage common programming frameworks available for Amazon EMR including Hive, Pig, and Streaming
- Leverage Hue to improve the ease-of-use of Amazon EMR
- Use in-memory analytics with Spark on Amazon EMR
- Choose appropriate AWS data storage options
- Identify the benefits of using Amazon Kinesis for near real-time big data processing
- Leverage Amazon Redshift to efficiently store and analyze data
- Comprehend and manage costs and security for a big data solution
- Identify options for ingesting, transferring, and compressing data
- Leverage Amazon Athena for ad-hoc query analytics
- Leverage AWS Glue to automate ETL workloads.
- Use visualization software to depict data and queries using Amazon QuickSight
- Orchestrate big data workflows using AWS Data Pipeline
- Navigate the AWS Certification process
- Understand the content domains that will be tested in the AWS Certified Big Data - Specialty exam
- Implement core AWS Big Data services according to architectural best practices
- Leverage tools to automate data analysis on AWS
Who Should Attend
- IT business decision makers
- Individuals who are new to working with AWS
- Individuals responsible for designing and implementing big data solutions, namely Solutions Architects and SysOps Administrators.
- Data Scientists and Data Analysts interested in learning about big data solutions on AWS.
- Data architects
- Solutions architects
Big Data on AWS teaches you
- Overview of Big Data
- Big Data streaming and Amazon Kinesis
- Using Kinesis to stream and analyze Apache server logs
- Storage Solutions
- Querying Big Data using Amazon Athena
- Using Amazon Athena to analyze log data
- Introduction to Apache Hadoop and Amazon EMR
- Using Amazon Elastic MapReduce
- Storing and Querying Data on DynamoDB
- Hadoop Programming Frameworks
- Processing Server Logs with Hive on Amazon EMR
- Streamlining Your Amazon EMR Experience with Hue
- Running Pig Scripts in Hue on Amazon EMR
- Spark on Amazon EMR
- Processing New York Taxi dataset using Spark on Amazon EMR
- Using AWS Glue to automate ETL workloads
- Amazon Redshift and Big Data
- Visualizing and Orchestrating Big Data
- Managing Amazon EMR Costs
- Securing Big Data solutions
- Big Data Design Patterns
Exam Readiness Workshop: AWS Certified Data Analytics Specialty teaches you:
- Testing center information and expectations
- Exam overview and structure
- Content domains and question breakdown
- Topics and concepts within content domains
- Question structure and interpretation techniques
We recommend that attendees of this course have the following prerequisites:
- Working knowledge of IT infrastructure concepts
- Familiarity with basic finance concepts
- Familiarity with basic IT security concepts
- Basic familiarity with big data technologies, including Apache Hadoop, HDFS, and SQL/NoSQL querying.
- Students should complete the Big Data Technology Fundamentals web-based training or have equivalent experience.
- Working knowledge of core AWS services and public cloud implementation.
- Students should complete the AWS Essentials course or have equivalent experience.
- Basic understanding of data warehousing, relational database systems, and database design.
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner or an Associate-level AWS Certification
- Two or more years of hands-on experience performing complex big data analyses on AWS
This course is not associated with any Certification.