FDTBF - Fintech and Digital Transformation in Banking and Finance
This three-day course aims to provide finance professionals with a solid foundation in the rapidly changing world of fintech and digital banking. FinTech, short for financial technology, refers to an emerging financial services sector that is fast becoming indispensable to financial institutions and is constantly impacting the way we view and execute financial transactions. This course will be pivotal in helping participants grasp the basics of fintech, navigate the mechanisms that facilitate it and comprehend the inevitably complex issues and intricacies that it brings.
On completion of this course, the following learning outcomes will be achieved:
- Understand and Apply AI, Blockchain and IoT Concepts in FinTech.
- Analyze information to clearly overcome problems in banking.
- Understand and Apply Use Cases to generate new ideas and solutions.
- Understand the trends towards digital disruption and innovation.
- Think progressively and pursue digital transformation.
- Create a plan for implementing, evaluating and following up on ideas.
The target audience for this course and qualification are:
- Individuals interested in the current disruptive trends and keeping abreast of technology shifts and their specific use cases.
- Banks, corporations and financial institutions to enable them to remain competitive through understanding innovative new technology that is disrupting every sector of the economy.
- Directors, Economists, Program Managers, Finance Professionals, Technologists.
Digital Disruption and the Fintech Landscape
- Overview of the changes happening in finance
- Why is finance being transformed today?
- Examples of the latest fintech innovations
- Categories of FinTech
Different Types of Disruption
- The importance of technology in finance
- How it impacts finance
- How digital disruption will shrink the role of banks
- Getting a grip on the Mobile Revolution
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Big Data Analytics
- Internet of Things (IoT)
Artificial Intelligence Systems
- Collecting data on user behavior and systems around us
- AI Agents and Decision Theory
- Predictive analytics
- Categorization of Information
- Deep Learning and Neural Networks
- Integration of internet-enabled devices
- Blockchain as Currency
- Blockchain as Public Registries
- Blockchain as Clearing and Settlement of Transactions
- Blockchain as Smart Contracts
Finance Use Cases of Technology
- e-KYC and Onboarding Customers
- Fraud Detection and Prevention
- Tokenized Payment Systems
AI-Driven and Blockchain-based Financial Applications
- Asset & Wealth Management
- Bond Issuance
- Capital Markets
- Financial Risk Management
Limitations of Digital Technology
- Business Challenges
- Governments and Regulatory Challenges
- Privacy Challenges
- New Technological Risks
- Cybersecurity Challenges
There are no prerequisites to attending the Fintech & Digital Transformation in Banking course.